LG G3 DALVIK or ART

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've heard conflicting things about whether to use DALVIK or ART. I heard that the Verizon version has had major issues with ART.

On the AT&T version, is ART running well?

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: DALVIK or ART

Art has to do with the phone not the carrier. All versions are having problems with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

I am on AT&T. I have ART enabled on my Nexus 4 without any issues so when I got my G3 the first thing I did was factory reset and enable ART.

Worked ok for a few weeks but I don't know what set it off... what app caused the conflict... but my phone started hard freezing... had to pull the battery to reboot. After the 3rd time I said forget it and factory reset the phone and stuck with Dalvik. Going to keep it like this until they have an update either to 4.4.4 or L and then reconsider.

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site

I definitely noticed the faster speed of ART but I had to switch back due to bluetooth audio stutter. For some reason on ART, my music through my bluetooth earbuds kept stuttering and it got so annoying. Going back to dalvik solved my problem.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I am on AT&T. I have ART enabled on my Nexus 4 without any issues so when I got my G3 the first thing I did was factory reset and enable ART.

Worked ok for a few weeks but I don't know what set it off... what app caused the conflict... but my phone started hard freezing... had to pull the battery to reboot. After the 3rd time I said forget it and factory reset the phone and stuck with Dalvik. Going to keep it like this until they have an update either to 4.4.4 or L and then reconsider.

Exactly my issues

I did like the better battery life though

Posted via Android Central App

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

I tried ART the first day and yes there is a lot of positives but way too many negatives. After a few days I experienced lag and device crashes.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

I definitely noticed the faster speed of ART but I had to switch back due to bluetooth audio stutter. For some reason on ART, my music through my bluetooth earbuds kept stuttering and it got so annoying. Going back to dalvik solved my problem.

Was thinking that was the problem. Thanks. Gonna switch back. Very annoying.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I guess it's base on luck and what your carriers does with it?

My Samsung Galaxy S5 (900W8), which I sold recently only had an issue with one app. Polaris Office 5.

My G3 (852) hasn't given me anything to complain about. Both are with Bell.

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

I have been using art on my sprint g3 and I love it much better performance all the way around. I notice that the ram does not get sucked up so much and battery life has been a night and day difference (for the better) the phone just feels so much faster and I have had no issues at all. I don't download alot of apps though so that could have something to do with me not having issues.

RLewy

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

Did you turn off all the animation settings? That makes everything snap a lot quicker but does that drain your battery at all?

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34