Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 Volume up/down in camera app

I just tried out a G3 today at the store. Can anyone tell me what the volume up/down keys can do in the camera app? I'm hoping to use them for zoom, but they seemed to take the shot... not zoom.

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: Volume up/down in camera app

The Vol Up takes a rapid sequence of shots, the Vol Down takes one shot. As you probably know you can launch the Camera app straight from the Vol Down when the phone is off. When you use two fingers to pinch or separate on the screen in the Camera app, a zoom slider appears. Up to 8x digital zoom!

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Is it possible to override the volume up/down within camera using some sort of tweaking tool?

That I'm afraid I don't know but no doubt someone else will. Unless you mean taking the shot....that's normally done by tapping the screen, or the camera icon, depending on which mode you're using.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: Volume up/down in camera app

What I'd love to be able to do is both zoom (using volume up/down) and shutter (using the power/lock button) just using the back buttons.

I'm thinking maybe a clever Tasker recipe will do the trick.

The main issue I see is that if the power /lock button is used for the shutter (instead of the volume button), you wouldn't be able to lock the phone right from the camera app.

Anyways, I guess I'll play with it once I buy the phone

Thanks

belodion likes this.