G3 keeps unlocking in pocket - help

pjeverly

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
This may sound strange, but my ATT G3 keeps unlocking and basically does random app activations in my pocket. Sometimes the camera, sometimes the phone. I turned the screen lock on, knock code, pass code whatever. But all that happens then is the phone unlocks itself and I'm rewarded with the message, you've tried the wrong code 4 times, one more and your phone will be locked for one hour. I don't think I'm that unusual to keep my phone in my pocket. I don't want to put a case on a G3 as it obviously won't fit in my pocket anymore. I'm not a phone holster kind of guy. I love the phone except this. Any ideas?

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The spigen slim armor doesn't add much bulk either plus it adds a decent amount of protection.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
This may sound strange, but my ATT G3 keeps unlocking and basically does random app activations in my pocket. Sometimes the camera, sometimes the phone. I turned the screen lock on, knock code, pass code whatever. But all that happens then is the phone unlocks itself and I'm rewarded with the message, you've tried the wrong code 4 times, one more and your phone will be locked for one hour. I don't think I'm that unusual to keep my phone in my pocket. I don't want to put a case on a G3 as it obviously won't fit in my pocket anymore. I'm not a phone holster kind of guy. I love the phone except this. Any ideas?

Hi. This will be fixed in the next MR. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA at this time. ^DT

Gary Wills1

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
It's 2016 and my G3 was flawless until I got Marshmallow. Now it constantly wakes in my pocket causing battery drain and heat.

I've disabled Knock, Knock. Same problem. I've faced it outward in my pocket, bought the circle case (disabled lots of circle case apps, added a Pin)...and it's still a problem. At least the PIN stops some things. This is terrible!! It's ruining a great phone!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: