Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Default LG G3 Lock screen shortcuts are gone - Only "Emergency call Press hold"

Out of nowhere my lock screen shortcuts disappeared and I just get the square box at the bottom that says a message about an emergency call. I've tried clearing data, changing the shortcuts etc. Nothing is working. I can't find anything online about this.

To answer some questions.
    - Not rooted
    - Lock screen is set to swipe
    - Using default wallpaper
    - Shortcuts are Google Now, Camera, Hangouts, and Phone

Hmm. I haven't got the shortcuts option in settings...so far as I could find when looking...possibly because my lock screen is set up with a PIN lock.
    Try entering Recovery and wiping the Cache Partition?

Edit. Sorry, turns out Cache Partition wipe is not straightforward on G3.

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by belodion; 08-22-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Global Posts
    6,888 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations

Default Re: Lock screen shortcuts are gone - Only "Emergency call Press hold"

When I enabled my pattern lock, most of mine disappeared. I had to go back into Settings/(System) QuickCircle Case/Select Apps to re-enable what was available. I found this app in Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uickapps&hl=en for some extra apps that aren't normally available.
    Ah nevermind, I missed the part where you said you tried re-enabling.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Thanked by:

Default Re: LG G3 Lock screen shortcuts are gone - Only "Emergency call Press hold"

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Try entering Recovery and wiping the Cache Partition?

Edit. Sorry, turns out Cache Partition wipe is not straightforward on G3.

On the G3 it's done through Settings, storage, cached data. The hardware key to recovery for wiping cache partition is apparently not an option on the G3.
    Thanked by:

^^^No, and I don't understand that. You can wipe your app cached data, but not your system cached data. Just hope it's never necessary.
    Thx for info.

Default LG 3 emergency contacts

Where do I put my emergency contacts in my LG3. I would like callers and texters to be identified as themselves rather than ICE. No matter what I do, I get replies from ICE.

Default Re: LG G3 Lock screen shortcuts are gone - Only "Emergency call Press hold"

It does it for me when I am in roaming mode, or when I have a bad signal. Switching to and out of Airplane Mode brings the shortcuts back again, until I go back into an area with bad signal.

BigJohn

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn1989 View Post
    It does it for me when I am in roaming mode, or when I have a bad signal. Switching to and out of Airplane Mode brings the shortcuts back again, until I go back into an area with bad signal.

BigJohn
    This. It happens to me when I have bad signal as well

Posted via the LG G3