Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MONDINGO
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 Reception, signal.

I usually get 3-4 bars. Since last night it's been hovering around 1-2. I'm gonna assume this is on at&ts end? How's your signal? I have noticed reception is a little wacky compared to my s4, I use to have 5 bars all the time.

Posted via LG G3.

Default Re: LG G3 Reception, signal.

Quote Originally Posted by xamadeix View Post
    I usually get 3-4 bars. Since last night it's been hovering around 1-2. I'm gonna assume this is on at&ts end? How's your signal? I have noticed reception is a little wacky compared to my s4, I use to have 5 bars all the time.

Posted via LG G3.
    Reception is very wacky with mine. Terrible. Will have 1 bar when my wife's Nokia 1520 has 3. Signal drops out constantly. Terrible compared to my HTC One.. Hope it gets better. I have a replacement coming. I'll let you know..
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm really hoping this is just something that can be fixed with an update. Perhaps a radio update would cure some of the issues pertaining to reception.

Posted via LG G3.

TBH, I don't really pay attention to it but ever since I switched from Rogers to Bell. I never had a problem with Voice & Data.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 2.5

I have noticed sometimes where I used to get 4G on my other phone I dont with the G3, But to be honest I never had the little indicator for my 3G/4G service active when wifi is active.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yeah. Never mind on the signal issues. I called at&t and apparently there's a tower in my town that's "severely degraded" and they're gonna be working on it today at 3pm. I knew something was fishy. I usually always have fullbars. One of the main reasons I chose AT&T. Then again the Boston area is rather good for most carriers.. So we'll see lol.

Posted via LG G3.

I can say the G3 has a better signal in my apartment on average than my RAZR Maxx ever had. Both Verizon phones.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yeah my S4 though always had 4-5 bars on AT&T. Right now it's constantly fluctuating between 1-3. I'll give it til they fix and take it from there

Posted via LG G3.

Well I got my replacement today.Does exactly the same as my new one..Guess it's a flaw. Hopefully an update fixes it.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    Well I got my replacement today.Does exactly the same as my new one..Guess it's a flaw. Hopefully an update fixes it.
    Radio update would do it!

Posted via LG G3.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Very underwhelming speed test lol.

Posted via LG G3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G3 Reception, signal.-22185.jpg  

Posted via LG G3.
    I just called att. Spoke to tech rep for an hour. They said that phone was not set up correctly for lte and also had wrong IMEI number in the system. They opened a case number and said it should be up and running correctly in 24-48 hours. They will call me to let me know. I told them that if this persists after this, i will be demanding a different phone and a new one..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Hmm. Maybe I should try that. But I'm looking at the service issues map and I see my town is in the area.

Posted via LG G3.

Hmm. Maybe I should try that. But I'm looking at the service issues map and I see my town is in the area.

Posted via LG G3.
    Let me know how it goes. I'll do the same..
    Thanked by:
    joe watson1 likes this.

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

The amount of bars I get on this tend to be better than what I got on my Nexus 5, but my Nexus 5 consistently had better data speeds.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    Party like a Ninja Star

^^^That's interesting. What part of the world?

Posted via Android Central App

Posted via LG G3.
    Huh those speeds are terrible. You have to find someone with the same carrier and do a speed test at same exact location. Also, better off using SpeedOf.Me since you don't have to install an app for your friend. You might want to try it right at the AT&T shop when it's not too busy. Compare to G3 and other phones. Maybe your G3 is a dud and you need a new one.