LG G3 - Widespread reports of cracks appearing at the microphone port

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Widespread reports of cracks appearing at the microphone port

Bound to happen, Doubt it's with every phone. Every company has a bad batch of phones these days.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Wouldn't hurt anyone to take a look and see if their units are showing any signs of this.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...vkCf41na3wqT20qiA&sig2=0Y5rCv9VaFDPWBddMO705A

Trustedreviews, Androidauthority, talkandroid and scores of other sites are also reporting this issue today.

What is your purpose here.....to help people with problems with their G3 or dissuade them for buying/using the device with your negative posts?? Looking through your posting history speaks volumes!

Look we get it.....you love the M8 and dislike the G3. Please stop reporting unnecessary negative stories on a device you clearly dislike. Its makes you look like a hater. I dislike the M8 but you don't see me posting negative posts all over the place over there. Be productive by providing people who need help in the M8 threads! Thanks!

AND no cracks AT ALL on mine and it took a [langage removed by Moderator] FALL from 14 FEET!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

And here I was thinking that was some kind of metal this whole time. Still feels like it to me .. guess I was wrong though lol. Oh well, no cracks on mine.

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

No cracks on mine and I have dropped mine. I wonder in the ones that have cracks use a case or not? The only thing I agree with the article is sometimes its hard to plug in the USB, but when isn't that the case they exist in the 4th dimension.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Widespread enough that at least a dozen sites are reporting about it so far. Widespread enough for it to be a concern.

Do you realize that all of these sites just copy the same report and make an article about it?

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No cracks in mine, but I didn't use an electron microscope to look for nano-cracks. LOL.

It doesn't take a lot of people complaining to have a dozen blog sites jump on the OMG it is the end of the world bandwagon. It's just a big echo chamber where if one site reports, everyone else feels obliged to do the same.

maka12

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

mines got hairline crack top and bottom of phone, never been dropped either and been in a case since new.
maka12WP_20140822_18_54_26_Pro 1.jpg

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

No cracks here.

At least you will be happy you got the mate. Would be hard to crack that amazing huge bezel!

Posted with the speed of my G3

maka12

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

WP_20140822_18_54_36_Pro 1.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20140822_18_54_36_Pro 1.jpg
    WP_20140822_18_54_36_Pro 1.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 216

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

mines got hairline crack top and bottom of phone, never been dropped either and been in a case since new.
maka12View attachment 133291
I would pay attention if I were you. Maybe you could check your local store and ask the "what if" question or just return it and get a new 1.

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Certainly would suck bad if all cases caused this..

Posted via LG G3.

maka12

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I would pay attention if I were you. Maybe you could check your local store and ask the "what if" question or just return it and get a new 1.

Sent a email and photos to lg see what they say, its only cosmetic and you can hardly see it, but it pisses me off cause i no its there.. trying to find a bumper circle case to cover it but spigen dont come out till next month..

it has been in offical lg circle case but the non wifi one since new

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca