Text Msgs Appearing in Locked Screen

Feisty1949

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I really like this phone. Am so glad I walked from iPhone and returned to an Android.

When my phone is locked and dark and I get a text, it appears all bright and white in the screen for anybody within 5 feet to read. It seems to me that this wasn't the default out of the box and that I might have turned something on when playing with the phone. At first I thought if I unchecked Missed Calls & New Messages in Settings/Lock Screen I'd fix the problem -- for I do consider this a problem -- but texts still shine bright and clear when they come in.

What am I doing wrong or is there nothing to do to keep my texts private?

Thanks in advance for info.

Feisty1949

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Choose settings in the message app and uncheck popup option.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not finding the place to uncheck the popup option. I am going into:
Settings
Application manager
Message+
Unchecked show notifications

I know this is not what you suggested to do so I'm not finding the right place for the message+ app. Besides, when I unchecked "show notifications" it didn't stop the bright text msg from appearing in the locked, dark screen. :(

Any more help available. :--)

Feisty1949

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Replying to myself and o4Liberty. I changed my default messenger from message+ to another app called Messaging and that is where the choices Liberty offered are located. Thanks for the help!