Questions about other launchers (widgets, wallpaper, icon size)

bobogs

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I thought I'd give the Google Now and Nova launchers a try, just to see what else is out there in the Android world. I like to have a digital clock on my home screen's center page, but I noticed that the "Clock" widget (and others) is not listed when using these two launchers...it is listed when the launcher is Home (I'm not trying out EasyHome). Any way to enable these missing widgets for the non-LG launchers?

Also, on the Home launcher, the wallpaper is zoomed and it slides as you swipe from page to page, but the Google Now launcher wallpaper is the full photo but doesn't slide. I can't find settings on either launcher to change the zoom or slide.

Also, any way to change the home screen icon/grid size in the Home and Google Now launchers?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try this clock widget, which is my favorite, because you can use any .ttf font file to modify it: DIGI Clock Widget. I'm pretty sure it works with Nova.

Google Now Launcher doesn't allow you to modify the grid or icon size.

Fried Rice Mofo

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Can't speak for GNL, but Nova allows you to use a siding wallpaper.

LG widgets are specific to the LG launcher, unfortunately (same with other phones). There are many options, and there are options such as Zooper Pro. ZP has a TON of clock templates (including the LG circle one). Or, you can make your own template.

Posted via Android Central App