Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By o4liberty
  • 1 Post By delrey1900
  • 1 Post By Menzenski
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My G3 is dead.

Figured I'd post this on here because I haven't seen anyone else having issues like this.

The whole story: First of all, my phone was in great physical condition(ie no major drops or other damage). Last night, I left my g3 unplugged with about 20% battery left. Woke up during the night (~3 hours later) to see that it was off, with no sign of turning back on again. Thinking the battery had simply ran out of juice, I plugged it in. I watched the screen expecting to see some indication that the phone was charging, but there was nothing even after 10 or so minutes. I went back to sleep leaving it plugged in. Woke up in the morning, still no response from any buttons. I removed the battery, and replaced it a few minutes later. Still nothing.

This is when I resorted to calling tech support. LG tech support led me through troubleshooting, which still lead to nothing. Their warranty offer was pretty weak really, having me pay to ship them the phone, then waiting 5-7 business days for them to inspect/repair my phone before returning it to me. I thanked the guy for his help and called AT&T. They led me through their troubleshooting, and came to the same conclusion. The phone was dead and needed to be replaced.

It an issue with the battery itself either. When I was at the local AT&T store today getting a new sim for my old iphone, the rep helping me had a G3 himself. He offered to switch batteries between my phone and his. His phone booted up, mine still didnt.

I'm assuming I got some sort of a lemon. I didn't change anything about the software, something must've just died. Oh well. Just waiting on the new one to get here now.

Default Re: My G3 is dead.

Hope it all works out for you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that's crazy! Hope u have better luck with the new one.

Sent from my Verizon LG G3

Global Posts
    478 Global Posts

Hope you revieve it soon

G3

When's then funeral? Is there going to be cake? Punch? Finger foods?.....j/k!

Hope the new one works like a charm!
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

5-7 business days isn't so bad. It'll soon pass! ☺

Posted via Android Central App

Sorry to hear if you loss, consolation the birth of the new with be with you soon.

Hope this fairs better for you :-)

Posted via the Android Central App

Lemon Law for electronics! I firmly believe we need some protection when these devices fail early on, there is no reason to pay shipping or anything else on a new device in my opinion. With what these devices cost there should be some safety net to help the consumer out.

Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
    Thanked by 2:
    frank-barnett and Gator352 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Sorry to hear if you loss, consolation the birth of the new with be will you soon.

Hope this fairs better for you :-)

You said there was no "major" drops...did you have any drops?

Att will 2 day priority a replacement

Sorry to hear this; hopefully everything gets resolved accordingly.
    I had this happen once as well with a different phone (3 months old); worked all day, put the phone down and the next time I picked it up it was simply dead. Nothing would bring it back to life.....(I guess this falls under **** happens, LOL).

Global Posts
    1,217 Global Posts

My Nexus 7 does that if I let the battery run all the way down. I have to do some fancy "unplug it, re-plug it, boot into recovery mode and do a restart" dance to get it working again. Lol! Hope you get your problem resolved soon!

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by fsfty View Post
    You said there was no "major" drops...did you have any drops?

I mean I dropped it from pocket height onto grass once.

AT&T didn't offer to replace it for you? Sprint has always repaired or replaced non-working phones for me. Frequently at no charge even when out of warranty, always at no charge when in warranty.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    AT&T didn't offer to replace it for you? Sprint has always repaired or replaced non-working phones for me. Frequently at no charge even when out of warranty, always at no charge when in warranty.
    Same here. I'm on Sprint as well

Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

At&t has a 1 yr warranty, you can walk into a device repair center and walk out with your replacement in 20mins tops. I've done it a few times.

Why aren't you doing that? Or did you buy it used?

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    At&t has a 1 yr warranty, you can walk into a device repair center and walk out with your replacement in 20mins tops. I've done it a few times.

Why aren't you doing that? Or did you buy it used?

Not everyone has an AT&T device repair center close by. The closest one to me is 2 hours away, and some states only have one center.

Verizon is always good on replacing bad units within the first year. Glad to hear att helped you out.

"Be together, not the same"
    BBSeattle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Resendetra View Post
    Not everyone has an AT&T device repair center close by. The closest one to me is 2 hours away, and some states only have one center.
    ROAD TRIP!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    AT&T replaced it. The replacement arrived in the mail today, and I'll be mailing back the dead phone as per their warranty policy.
    Thanked by:
    Resendetra likes this.

Wow. A positive AT&T story. Nice to hear for a change. Glad it worked out for you. I think a lot of phones have a hard time when battery drops into single digits.. iPhones especially. At least we can carry a charged spare for the G3. Better yet, get a 10,000 mAh auxiliary battery pack and keep it nearby in your car or travel bag.