What do you use to manage you music/movies?

Killa_roo

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
After talking with a friend, he mentioned he just drags and drops his movies and music straight to his SD card and it got me thinking....
Coming from an iPhone, I've never had that option before, but is it really the best solution for managing music and movies on the LG G3?

What does everyone use?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
When I initially set up my files on an sd card I pop it in an adapter and insert it into my MacBook for direct file transfer. Anytime I move a lot of files I will do the same. When it's just a few files that I may need to move on the fly I use either Google Drive or Dropbox and just transfer them that way.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Honestly it always depends on the device. With my son once I format the card on his Galaxy Tab 3, I just would turn off the tablet, take the sd card out, and do my magic on my laptop through my SD Card slot there. Stick it back in and I make custom icon shortcuts on his home screens for the videos I load. He is all set. With my tablet, I do it over the network when I need to because the USB is slow and I hate taking the SD card out.

For this LG G3, the USB is ony 2.0 but it seems smoother tranferring via USB. So I just did that last night when I wanted some movies for a concert downtime task to do.

Another way I know some people do is setup a Plex server for their streaming movies and then it allows for you to use the app on your device and see the covers and description. Then you can download it over the wifi/cell signal if you want or just to stream it. Had a friend who did this because he had a 32GB device but no SD card.

Acturus1982

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I like using the wireless storage option. My computer just sees my phone as a network drive and I can copy/paste files across wifi. Other than that I use streaming services like Google Music an VUDU.

Last edited: