Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

    Default G3 or z2

    I am abel to trade my g3 with an z2. Should I do this or?

    Battery life and speed is a big thing for me.

    G3
  2. #2  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    I'd stick with the G3 but preference is the damnedest thing lol

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    G3 hands down. Z2 is a good second choice.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    almachristinah likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    A downgrade on both the screen size and quality, and downgrade on battery (non-removable), but it's a good phone. Ugly, though.
  5. #5  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    The Z2 is one very very good device and here is the but so is the G3.

    Battery life on the Z2 is better, but its not removable and we all know after time batteries degrade. So although the G3 is below the Z2 in regards to battery life, it wins it back a bit by being removable.

    Performance of the Z2 is great and you'll find it very pleasing.

    The Camera is brilliant and provides many great features and in a well designed app. This you will find a joy and results are stunning.

    I will cut this short as I have previously written somewhere in here on this...

    Would I say trade in...only if your finding the G3's features or the device in general not meeting your requirements.

    Your call....:-)

    Posted via the Android Central App
    almachristinah likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Unless cash is added to the trade I wouldn't bother. I loved it but the display, size and the lack of features bothered me. TBH, I got too excited about build materials, just like with the M8.

    Not happy with the G3's battery & performance?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Removable battery seems to be a big thing. Unless you want to swap batteries out thru the day because your a heavy user, it's really no big deal to most if the only reason is battery starts degrading...How many of us will still have the phone when that actually happens, there are some on here already looking at the note 4 or in this case the z2.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Unless cash is added to the trade I wouldn't bother. I loved it but the display, size and the lack of features bothered me. TBH, I got too excited about build materials, just like with the M8.

    Not happy with the G3's battery & performance?
    Im kinda happy actually with my g3. I just get bored really easy.

    I've heard the battery was better on the z2 and that's actually a big plus. I don't mind a none removable battery, because I've never used a phone more than 12 months ( more like every 2-4 months )

    I do think the g3 lags sometime.. I'm already running ART on it in the hope it got way better. Still see the phone lag from time to time. For example when I want to see my apps that are running.

    Almost every time I use an app I close the app almost immediately. Sometimes it just won't show the app..

    Its not a big problem but I'm such a phone junky that I'm actually starting to hate it.

    G3
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    Removable battery seems to be a big thing. Unless you want to swap batteries out thru the day because your a heavy user, it's really no big deal to most if the only reason is battery starts degrading...How many of us will still have the phone when that actually happens, there are some on here already looking at the note 4 or in this case the z2.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Its not that this phone sucks! Its me.. I want to have every phone. For some strange reason when I have the phone it gets bored easy.

    I'm checking phones every day (China phones included) and most of the high end phones do have something that catches my eyes and can't get it out of my head.

    G3
    akira751 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Unless cash is added to the trade I wouldn't bother. I loved it but the display, size and the lack of features bothered me. TBH, I got too excited about build materials, just like with the M8.

    Not happy with the G3's battery & performance?
    Which phone will be more expensive in the long time?

    Sony does a 6month cycle when LG does a 12 month cycle.

    G3
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    A downgrade on both the screen size and quality, and downgrade on battery (non-removable), but it's a good phone. Ugly, though.
    Disagree about the screen. Once you get the RGB values on the Z2 correct,the screen is stunning add to that Xreality and the Bravia engine, the colours really pop and it looks really great.Out of the flagships I've used this year its got the best screen and camera. It does look uglier than the G3 though.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    Disagree about the screen. Once you get the RGB values on the Z2 correct,the screen is stunning add to that Xreality and the Bravia engine, the colours really pop and it looks really great.Out of the flagships I've used this year its got the best screen and camera. It does look uglier than the G3 though.
    So the screen of the g3 looks better?

    G3
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    So the screen of the g3 looks better?

    G3
    The actual device is uglier because of the squareness and bezels but i personally prefer the Z2s display. The resolution isn't as high as the G3 but colours, brightness and vibrance to me are better i like the Z2s triluminous display.I'd keep the Z2 but the Note 4 is out next month so I'll get that next. (Caveat....its only my opinion!).
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    The actual device is uglier because of the squareness and bezels but i personally prefer the Z2s display. The resolution isn't as high as the G3 but colours, brightness and vibrance to me are better i like the Z2s triluminous display.I'd keep the Z2 but the Note 4 is out next month so I'll get that next. (Caveat....its only my opinion!).
    I actually need a good bright screen duo to sunlight etc.

    IPhone has such a screen and keeps their value but it's still an IPhone.

    Heard that the battery on the z2 is pretty good, this is kinda important for me.

    What about the value of the z2? Will it be as (in)expansive as the g3 in a few months? Since I'm planning to keep this phone for a longer period. Promised my fiance that I would not buy me another phone till may.

    Was actually planning to buy the opo and on the day I got my invite I had to buy her an engagement ring so si had to pass on it...

    Btw the squares or not really a problem since I keep my device safe in a case. I really can't stand a scratch on my phone!

    G3
  15. #15  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    I actually need a good bright screen duo to sunlight etc.

    IPhone has such a screen and keeps their value but it's still an IPhone.

    Heard that the battery on the z2 is pretty good, this is kinda important for me.

    What about the value of the z2? Will it be as (in)expansive as the g3 in a few months? Since I'm planning to keep this phone for a longer period. Promised my fiance that I would not buy me another phone till may.

    Was actually planning to buy the opo and on the day I got my invite I had to buy her an engagement ring so si had to pass on it...

    Btw the squares or not really a problem since I keep my device safe in a case. I really can't stand a scratch on my phone!

    G3
    Yeah, the Z2s battery's good. Lasts me morning to night fairly easily but you can remove the G3s battery so that's a good point for the G3. The only downside to the Z2 for me is the resolution, it does look very,very slightly more "blocky" compared to the G3 but then I prefer the brightness, XReality,Bravia engine and more vivid colours of the Z2. At the moment it seems some phones are better at some things and some are better for others,there no real outstanding winner. Resell value?I'm not sure to be honest.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    Which phone will be more expensive in the long time?

    Sony does a 6month cycle when LG does a 12 month cycle.

    G3
    I would say G3, like you said LG has a longer cycle.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    I would say G3, like you said LG has a longer cycle.
    Yea I gues so as well.. Probably not good to swap phones for my pocket.

    G3
  18. #18  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    It's not a fair trade IMO.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Have had both. Z2 has a brighter and more impressive screen, better battery, water resistance, is smoother, has front speakers and no att bloat etc although it does have several useless Sony apps. On the downside it is very fragile as it is glass on front and back and has only 16GB internal storage which is nuts for a flagship in my opinion. Auto mode on the Z2 is superb. Also Sony updates its flagship every 6 months but the Sony holds it's value better. The G3 is already 500 or less for a new one on Swappa I believe.

    Both are great phones. If I had to choose, I would choose the G3 because the Sony was too fragile for me and it made me nervous because it is an expensive phone.
    I don't think you can go "naked" with the Z2. I've a tempered glass screen protector and back case on mine and its fine.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    I don't think you can go "naked" with the Z2. I've a tempered glass screen protector and back case on mine and its fine.
    Im always taking care of my phones tho!

    Just need as much money from the phone when I will sell it again.

    Btw I live in Europe so I got no ideas about your prices. Only thing o know that you can buy things for cheap in the US Lool..

    G3
  21. #21  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    Its not that this phone sucks! Its me.. I want to have every phone. For some strange reason when I have the phone it gets bored easy.

    I'm checking phones every day (China phones included) and most of the high end phones do have something that catches my eyes and can't get it out of my head.

    G3
    I do the same thing. That's why removable battery, although sounds good, for people like us, we don't keep the phone long enough to matter. It's like the grass is greener on the other side every time a phone comes out.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    LeoRex likes this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    I do the same thing. That's why removable battery, although sounds good, for people like us, we don't keep the phone long enough to matter. It's like the grass is greener on the other side every time a phone comes out.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    So true. It's like your in my head lol
  23. #23  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    I commented about the removable battery simply because it will allow for a custom battery, not that it would be replaceable if the original wore out.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    I am abel to trade my g3 with an z2. Should I do this or?

    Battery life and speed is a big thing for me.

    G3
    Do it Z2 is MUCH better trust me you wont regret it!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts

    Default Re: G3 or z2

    Quote Originally Posted by Slashyou View Post
    Do it Z2 is MUCH better trust me you wont regret it!
    Still keeps me worried about the price drops soon. Cause in 12 months there will be 2 New flagships already..

    G3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My G3 is dead.
    By Menzenski in forum LG G3
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 03:47 AM
  2. Brand New Verizon LG G3 (White)
    By galpdawg in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2014, 02:49 PM
  3. Google Nexus 7 tablet won't turn on or appear like it's charging
    By Tessa White in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 06:38 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 01:52 AM
  5. to root or not to root that is thequestion..
    By bsettz in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 07:59 AM

Posting Permissions