LG G3 Camera App Crashing Issue & Camera praise

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Let me start with the praise. I was at the Eminem and Rihanna concert last night and I decided since I had a Ultra HD/4K video camera in my hand why not give it a try. usually only do that to get the audio anyways. So once I figured out at the distance to the stage the Autofocus was worthless, I got it focused right and I have to say, zoomed in at about 2-3x, WOW. It came out better than I could of expected and the only thing better I've seen from a few people I know who were there was ACTUALLY being there. I'm in love.

Now to my issue. While I was using it, I didn't record the whole concert, just the songs I liked and I knew some people I knew liked. So it would record, sit in airplane mode with the screen off for a song or two, then record again. The back right by the camera/power/volume got REALLY hot, and I noticed it because when I went to hit the power button to turn the screen off, I didn't expect the heat and shocked myself when I touched it. I blew on it to cool it off a little and it sat, then I went to open the camera app up, hit the record button, and the camera app crashed. It even started a video file that was 0.00kb. This happened 2 more times, I blew on the camera and it turned on. I was able to record quite a few more times later but the crashing happened a few more times also. Anyone had this issue? Should I be concerned because I'm 2 days away from my 14 day return and as much as I love this phone I know there is always a newer and better one.

Sprint LG G3 Gold by the way.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Open system settings > applications > sort by all > camera. Clear the cache and see if that resolves your issues related to the camera.

I can't say for sure what the problem is/was, but the above should resolve it.

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I caught a post about the cache before because of the supposed "hardware issue" on T-Mobile versions. I have Sprint but tried it anyways and it didn't work. I blew on the camera a lot and let it sit for a few songs and it eventually let me take a video then cut out a few times more.

I love this phone but with a 4yr old and getting out more lately, I want to take the best videos and pictures I can. Kind of on the fence of keeping it.

Thomas Lee Waldrup

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I have two lg g3 the problem with the camera crashing with the video zoom is an update to the google app go to your apps and find google app and clear the cache and then uninstall updates then restart the phone camera should work fine, after the restart google will try to update itself again let it update it has worked on both of my phones.googleapp.jpggoogleappcache.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad