Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Stored Dropbox Media (.mp4) Won't Play

I have some stored phone clip files in .mp4 format on my dropbox account. As I try to play it straight from dropbox it says "Video Problem; Can't play this video" Is my only option importing to my SD card?

Global Posts
    21,654 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Stored Dropbox Media (.mp4) Won't Play

Welcome to the forums.
    Have you tried other cloud services? Maybe it is just an issue with Dropbox?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Thank you for the welcome!

I have not tried other cloud system. I'll try other apps and see if dropbox indeed is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jtpark View Post
    Thank you for the welcome!

I have not tried other cloud system. I'll try other apps and see if dropbox indeed is the issue.
    Welcome!

Dropbox doesn't support native playback of video files, and if I'm correct, no cloud service does unless they have their own built in video player with codecs that support your file. That doesn't mean they won't play, just not natively. Most phones support MP4, WMV, and etc., and since the codec resides on the phone, it needs to be played from the phone.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

I was having this problem too. I work nights and my wife I have 4 month old twin girls, so I miss a lot. She uploads the videos so I don't miss out on anything.

Anyways when you have the file you want to open use the menu button and select "Open With..." It immediately stayed working afterwards and now automatically plays every video file I've tried.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stored Dropbox Media (.mp4) Won't Play-1408961677652.jpg