Which Messaging App?

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up my G3 and was wondering what messaging app everyone is using? I've been using the stock one but am not really a big fan of how it looks or works. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Which Messaging App

I just use stock. I've never been crazy about messaging apps. Stock works fine.

Posted via LG G3.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

Went from Go SMS Pro to Handcent to Evolve. Evolve is the best of those by far.... Very far.

Posted via Android Central App

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know that I minded the stock messaging app so much,I just wanted to be able to change lg colors of my text bubbles. I took a quick run through evolve and textra, but I couldn't really change the colors the way I wanted until I found Chomp, and I like it. It's simple and you can make your own color theme in minutes.
Anyone using Chimp feel free to hit me up about sharing themes. I made two I like so far.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Evolve was the best for me because it allowed custom colors for everything (great theme support) and was compatible with Pushbullet.

seangprice

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

I didn't mind the stock app but the color choices are pretty weak. I tried hangouts, but to be honest I hate the google integration with SMS. From the recommendations here I've gone with Textra and the TouchPal keyboard, love the dark look.