LG G3: Do not purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd Phillips1

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I thought to myself, "WOW im going to be ahead of the class~friends~before any one else?". Now i know why. Regardless of what certain reviews say, this phone (or the one particularly am holding at the moment) is pure junk. When a review says they are getting 15-16 hrs of moderate use i doubt they mean to say 15-16 solid hours b/c lately it seems it takes just about that long to charge if you are still needing your phone during the charging time. Also, while charging, 9 1/2 out of 10 charges i could not use my phone for an important work crisis due to it felt as if i had the August sun sitting in my hand or on my lap. RIDICULOUS. Dbl tap, slide to unlock is simple even a Space Cadet Cowboy could work it. be sure you don't tap where there is a application on the phone or else, most likely, you will open it and be using it when your screen unlocks.Lookout is useless on this device for me. LOOKOUT during charging is supposedly one cause as to why the phone is fixin to melt.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I thought to myself, "WOW im going to be ahead of the class~friends~before any one else?". Now i know why. Regardless of what certain reviews say, this phone (or the one particularly am holding at the moment) is pure junk. When a review says they are getting 15-16 hrs of moderate use i doubt they mean to say 15-16 solid hours b/c lately it seems it takes just about that long to charge if you are still needing your phone during the charging time. Also, while charging, 9 1/2 out of 10 charges i could not use my phone for an important work crisis due to it felt as if i had the August sun sitting in my hand or on my lap. RIDICULOUS. Dbl tap, slide to unlock is simple even a Space Cadet Cowboy could work it. be sure you don't tap where there is a application on the phone or else, most likely, you will open it and be using it when your screen unlocks.Lookout is useless on this device for me. LOOKOUT during charging is supposedly one cause as to why the phone is fixin to melt.

Thanks for your insightful review & for sharing your thoughts...

While there are issue's (like most tech) will have or not.

Its one that must be balanced and if your bad experience leads you to think its Junk that is cool, if I were to have a bad product though rather than automatically stating its Junk I would research to see how big the picture is...that is just me though.

Hope you fair better in your next product :)

Posted via the Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
One man's junk is another man's treasure. My experience with the G3 has been the opposite of what you describe. It is by far one of the best phones that I have owned to date. It's unfortunate that you apparently have a bad one. Maybe a warranty exchange is in order or return and exchange for another device if that's what you want. Either way, good luck and I hope you get it sorted out.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the G3 forum although I don't suppose you're feeling all that cheerful to be here.
My experience of the G3 has been very different, and almost all positive. Quick to charge, not much slower if used while charging, no heat problems, easy to use double tap if you leave an empty icon space on the home screen.
You've probably just got a duff specimen unless youve put some power hungry apps in there or something. But if it's just a duff one, change it and you may feel very differently about this device.☺

Posted via Android Central App

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The opinion of one man with a faulty device. Yet there are the other thousands, like myself, who believe this is a great phone. Instead of complaining about one device, maybe you should take it back and try another one.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
But if he said "Love the Phone, you need to buy it" that would validate that he "has one"?
As long as he saying things you like, he's all good.
Ridiculous.
Maybe this is his real experience and feels the need to share just like we do?

I dont even think he really has a G3.

Sent from my LG-F400S

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the bad experience.
Like many others here, I too have had no issues.
And trust me, If I had issues I would have no problems reporting them.
Good luck finding the one that works for you!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
But if he said "Love the Phone, you need to buy it" that would validate that he "has one"?
Ridiculous.

I just wonder why someone would buy a phone with so many issues and not have it replaced.

With any tech there is a chance of getting a bad unit. Take it back and get a good working phone or switch all together

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Ridiculous.

I get it not everything perfect, my first S5 had issues but I didn't go around posting "do not buy!." I exchanged it and my replacement was flawless. If it wasn't and still had issues, I would just return it and look at another phone.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Todd, just a friendly bit of advice: Titles like "do not purchase" and assertions like "is pure junk" immediately cause the reader to question the writer's veracity.

Jim

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I get it not everything perfect, my first S5 had issues but I didn't go around posting "do not buy!." I exchanged it and my replacement was flawless. If it wasn't and still had issues, I would just return it and look at another phone.

...and ended up being one of your best phones if I read your posts correctly.

My Evo lte was the same. Swapped out a bad one right of the get and loved the phone after.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
And at the end of the day we are all different in how we handle things.
And I think you are missing my point.
To suggest that a person does not own the phone because he commented on his negative experience is absurd.
Get it?

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
And at the end of the day we are all different in how we handle things.
And I think you are missing my point.
To suggest that a person does not own the phone because he commented on his negative experience is absurd.
Get it?
My experience with the G3 was mostly negative and I got rid of it as soon as I could. Not sure if I had a faulty unit but the others I've tried have been much the same.
Its fairly subjective i think and all comes down to how you use your phone and what you expect from it.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Good points and I have no idea why people respond the way they do.
Yes, a reasonable response would have been to replace it or find something else.

I just wonder why someone would buy a phone with so many issues and not have it replaced.

With any tech there is a chance of getting a bad unit. Take it back and get a good working phone or switch all together

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
The OP is highly suspect anyway. He only has one post and it is do not buy. Highly doubt it's legit. I understand some have issues and some prefer other devices. But to have only one post and it is just to slam a device that it suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae