Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nefep
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy LG G3 does not wake up form time to time, please help?

Hi everybody,
    I just bought the lg g3 a week ago, great phone by the way, but am having a big anoying problem with it. When the phone goes to sleep it does not wake up from time to time. you can nock as harder as you can it still won't wake up, it's happening very often. When the problem occurs the phone still rings and nothing else, I have to reset the phone by taking the battery out and on most of the times and then everything backs to normal. (The phone has 64GB of external Micro SD card in it) could it be the one causing the problem?
    Is anybody here knows or is having the same problem? Your help will be very much appreciated.
    Thank you very much
    Last edited by nefep; 08-25-2014 at 06:09 AM.
    Frank Straube likes this.

Default Re: LG G3 does not wake up form time to time, please help?

Is it not waking up with knock only or is it with knock and using the power button on the back. Sometimes knock wo t work for me when It sleeps and I have to use the power button to wake the device. If it is with both you might want to exchange it for another.

Also, I see you have posted in another thread and that this affects the G3s of both you and your wife. Was there ever a time when the devices worked normally, possibly before you had installed this or that? And regarding the card, have you tried with it removed?

Posted via Android Central App

This has happened to me several times I just use the power button for a work around. There is an issue with the touch screen and it will probably be fixed in the next update.
    There isn't a phone out there that doesn't have a few issues but as far as this device goes it's pretty good so far!
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    Is it not waking up with knock only or is it with knock and using the power button on the back. Sometimes knock wo t work for me when It sleeps and I have to use the power button to wake the device. If it is with both you might want to exchange it for another.
    Thanks for your reply,
    It happened on both phones. I have tried to do what you have said with no joy. Today I have removed the 64GB micro SD and I will see if that was the root of the problem. Fingers crossed
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

At the begining they were just fine, the problem happened after inserting the cards. Today I have removed the cards (64gb) and we will see if the problems were solved.
    We love the phones and we want to stick with it

There is a 140 pages thread about G3 shutting down by itself and not waking up...That is why i did not buy that phone...
    Look at forum xda-developers

Hi. Please let us know if removing the SD card resolves your issue. ^DT

Quote Originally Posted by nefep View Post
    At the begining they were just fine, the problem happened after inserting the cards. Today I have removed the cards (64gb) and we will see if the problems were solved.
    We love the phones and we want to stick with it