Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dropped LG G3 [Help!! D: ]

So.. I dropped [ from about waist height] my LG G3 and I had a rubber case on [but a thin one] and the glass screen protector. Nothing broke on the outside but my screen now has these white lines on it and I have no idea what is broken.

Dropped LG G3 [Help!! D: ]-photo-25-08-2014-22.43.jpg

It looks like this but without the rainbow, that came from the camera and that white streak on the top right is just a reflection of the light. If someone can tell me what I broke whether it's the LCD or some chip that would be great.

Default Re: Dropped LG G3 [Help!! D: ]

Yikes. You're probably gonna need a replacement..

Posted via LG G3.

Could be the digitizer underneath the display. Do you have insurance on it

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Wow that sucks hope you had insurance on it!
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

A sad welcome to the G3 forum.
    It definitely looks like hardware damage. If you're backed up you could try a Factory Reset I suppose but I very much doubt that would fix it.😢

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yeonsshi View Post
    So.. I dropped [ from about waist height] my LG G3 and I had a rubber case on [but a thin one] and the glass screen protector. Nothing broke on the outside but my screen now has these white lines on it and I have no idea what is broken.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo on 25-08-2014 at 22.43.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	133822

It looks like this but without the rainbow, that came from the camera and that white streak on the top right is just a reflection of the light. If someone can tell me what I broke whether it's the LCD or some chip that would be great.
    I'd take it to your service provider first to see if they will replace it without charge. If not I'd opt to use insurance if you have any

Posted via Android Central App

Most likely broken as everyone is saying. Try to get it replaced if you can and use a better case with impact protection!

Global Posts
    1,217 Global Posts

That sucks. I hope you have insurance. I do like your wallpaper, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo on 25-08-2014 at 22.43.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	133822

With no physical damage, it's a warranty replacement.

At least the case prevented any physical damage that you might be able to use the warranty,

So much do you guys pay for insurance? IIRC Wireless Wave for example wants $100 I'm just not sure if it covers physical damage which is somewhat pointless.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras." MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

I love this phone but it's a fickle little sucker. 14' drop? No problem. 2' drop? Problems from hell!!

I hope OP you get it replaced. Use warranty like others have said.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Thanks everyone. I don't have insurance because I didn't get it from an SP so that kinda sucks but if I can get a new one under warranty then that would be good. I've seen similar cases that's happened to other phones and some of them managed to fix themselves so fingers crossed. I am also going to take it to a repair store to see what they say; phone still works perfectly though so I hope it is nothing serious.

Thanks everyone. I don't have insurance because I didn't get it from an SP so that kinda sucks but if I can get a new one under warranty then that would be good. I've seen similar cases that's happened to other phones and some of them managed to fix themselves so fingers crossed. I am also going to take it to a repair store to see what they say; phone still works perfectly though so I hope it is nothing serious.
    On behalf of us all hope you manage to get it fixed :-)

Posted via the Android Central App