Dropped LG G3 [Help!! D: ]

yeonsshi

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
So.. I dropped [ from about waist height] my LG G3 and I had a rubber case on [but a thin one] and the glass screen protector. Nothing broke on the outside but my screen now has these white lines on it and I have no idea what is broken.

Photo on 25-08-2014 at 22.43.jpg

It looks like this but without the rainbow, that came from the camera and that white streak on the top right is just a reflection of the light. If someone can tell me what I broke whether it's the LCD or some chip that would be great.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
A sad welcome to the G3 forum.
It definitely looks like hardware damage. If you're backed up you could try a Factory Reset I suppose but I very much doubt that would fix it.😢

Posted via Android Central App

AndyLu

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
So.. I dropped [ from about waist height] my LG G3 and I had a rubber case on [but a thin one] and the glass screen protector. Nothing broke on the outside but my screen now has these white lines on it and I have no idea what is broken.

View attachment 133822

It looks like this but without the rainbow, that came from the camera and that white streak on the top right is just a reflection of the light. If someone can tell me what I broke whether it's the LCD or some chip that would be great.

I'd take it to your service provider first to see if they will replace it without charge. If not I'd opt to use insurance if you have any

Posted via Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Most likely broken as everyone is saying. Try to get it replaced if you can and use a better case with impact protection!

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
That sucks. I hope you have insurance. I do like your wallpaper, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 133822

With no physical damage, it's a warranty replacement.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
At least the case prevented any physical damage that you might be able to use the warranty,

So much do you guys pay for insurance? IIRC Wireless Wave for example wants $100 I'm just not sure if it covers physical damage which is somewhat pointless.

"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras." MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I love this phone but it's a fickle little sucker. 14' drop? No problem. 2' drop? Problems from hell!!

I hope OP you get it replaced. Use warranty like others have said.

yeonsshi

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I don't have insurance because I didn't get it from an SP so that kinda sucks but if I can get a new one under warranty then that would be good. I've seen similar cases that's happened to other phones and some of them managed to fix themselves so fingers crossed. I am also going to take it to a repair store to see what they say; phone still works perfectly though so I hope it is nothing serious.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I don't have insurance because I didn't get it from an SP so that kinda sucks but if I can get a new one under warranty then that would be good. I've seen similar cases that's happened to other phones and some of them managed to fix themselves so fingers crossed. I am also going to take it to a repair store to see what they say; phone still works perfectly though so I hope it is nothing serious.

On behalf of us all hope you manage to get it fixed :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2