Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Wikh's Avatar

    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

    Default What's SEA version?

    Hey!
    I just got a new phone today but I noticed that in the software info with my previous device I had v10G-EUR-XX but on my New phone I have v10I-SEA-XX.
    I don't mind since I got the (not even one but two) update ahead of my old phone and I'm super happy about that but want to know what can be the difference - if there are any. Does it affects anything?
    By the way I bought both of my devices in the EU (Hungary) at the same shop.


    Thanks!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: What's SEA version?

    It's presumably the South East Asian version and I guess the only difference it might make is to the timing of firmware updates. You seem to be ahead at the moment...I received v10h today, whereas you are already on v10i.

    Említette Magyarország, Wikh. Mindig is hittem maga egy természetes angol beszélő. Talán te is ... vagy talán érted this.☺ (Goog.Tr.)

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  
    eagle_23's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's SEA version?

    V10i-SEA here in the Philippines...

    Posted via the Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Wikh's Avatar

    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's SEA version?

    Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    It's presumably the South East Asian version and I guess the only difference it might make is to the timing of firmware updates. You seem to be ahead at the moment...I received v10h today, whereas you are already on v10i.

    Említette Magyarország, Wikh. Mindig is hittem maga egy természetes angol beszélő. Talán te is ... vagy talán érted this.☺ (Goog.Tr.)

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yep! Haha, thanks, you are really nice. Yep - I'm hungarian and I understand it. I'm also learning Dutch now.

    But back to the topic:
    Do you guys know if are there any differences compared to the European version? If it's only that I will receive updates sooner I don't mind.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: What's SEA version?

    Mine is a European D855. What's yours? Then we can look up model differences.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's SEA version?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikh View Post
    Yep! Haha, thanks, you are really nice. Yep - I'm hungarian and I understand it. I'm also learning Dutch now.

    But back to the topic:
    Do you guys know if are there any differences compared to the European version? If it's only that I will receive updates sooner I don't mind.
    Why would you learn Dutch? Just being curious since I'm Dutch.

    Doei

    G3
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Wikh's Avatar

    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's SEA version?

    Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    Why would you learn Dutch? Just being curious since I'm Dutch.

    Doei

    G3
    Hahahah. That is very simple - I'm studying (t)here. I mean it's in English but I can't live here for long without speaking the language.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Wikh's Avatar

    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's SEA version?

    Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Mine is a European D855. What's yours? Then we can look up model differences.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Mine is D855 too!

    On the box there is the SEA sticker below the IMEI number - I had EUR on my previous one (that was D855 too).
  9. #9  
    makie's Avatar

    Posts
    233 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's SEA version?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikh View Post
    Hahahah. That is very simple - I'm studying (t)here. I mean it's in English but I can't live here for long without speaking the language.
    Where in tho Netherlands you study?

    G3
  10. #10  

    Default Re: What's SEA version?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikh View Post
    Mine is D855 too!

    On the box there is the SEA sticker below the IMEI number - I had EUR on my previous one (that was D855 too).
    D'OH!

    But I haven't been able to find any definite differences, apart from the timing of the firmware updates. Some genius may know.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Wikh's Avatar

    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

    Default Re: What's SEA version?

    Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    D'OH!

    But I haven't been able to find any definite differences, apart from the timing of the firmware updates. Some genius may know.

    Posted via Android Central App
    It would be awesome to have a LG Angel here who can tell the diffrrence between the EUR and SEA version.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: What's SEA version?

    I have encountered posts from that Angel in Ask A Question, responding to posts about LG phones, as well as here. Probably the angelic being posts in other LG forums. These posts are very welcome. Watch this space....

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. To root or not to root the LG G3?
    By Herennow in forum LG G3
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 09:51 PM
  2. What is the best SMS Marketing app for android?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2014, 01:27 PM
  3. Purchasing A Local S5 - What To Look Out For?
    By GoProDavidLe in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 03:06 PM
  4. 'G' near signal icon, what does it mean?
    By ImAFriendly Orange in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 02:35 PM
  5. What phone to get?
    By Leca Calzita in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 11:55 AM

Posting Permissions