Strange wi-fi behaviour [SOLVED]

Oh_man

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Strange problem with wi-fi, happened couple of times. When I open any internet page, there is a few second delay before the page starts to load. It loads pretty OK but not perfect. Transfer speeds are normal but there's always delay at the start. Reboot fixes this.

I believe changing from different wifi to another has something to do with it.
I fiddled with the settings a bit, that always on sleep thing and Google scan but no luck. Disabling and enabling wifi didn't help. Also changing between 2.4GHz and 5GHz makes no difference, only reboot.

Anyone else having this kind of problem?

Last edited:

Oh_man

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Strange wi-fi behaviour

Hi,
Thanks for the link. Tried a bunch of things but no difference. I guess my Asus RT-N56U router is the problem, but it's really weird... When i reboot my G3, wifi works fine. I can disable and enable it, play with the settings, wifi continues to work flawlessly. But when I leave my home and come back, the loading delay and the general sluggishness returns. This hasn't happened anywhere else. For example, I can go in and out of my workplace wifi area and everything is normal.

I have tried almost every setting on my Asus router, but no deal. Anyone else with Asus RT-N56U having similar problems?

Oh_man

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Strange wi-fi behaviour

UPDATE:
This was all due to my (maybe) faulty Asus router. It had some weird packet loss, too.
Now, G3 wifi works flawlessly with new router.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc