Wifi weak signal

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with weak wifi signal? I have seen that some people have problems with wifi dropping, but my issue is that the wifi antenna just seems to not pick up a signal as strongly as other phones I have had. This happens at both home and work. Even like 5 feet from the router I will only have 1 or 2 bars of wifi on 5Ghz and won't have full bars on 2.4Ghz. I'm really hoping its a software issue and not a hardware one. If no one else is having a similar issue I think I'll take it back to the T-Mobile store.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded the app. I'm at work right now, and I think there are some SSID's here that have pretty good strength (around 70 dbm, which is pretty good right?). But unfortunately I can't do much at work to change channels lol. Obviously at home I can, but with other phones I haven't needed to play with changing channels before. And with my wife's GS5 her signal strength is great.

I should also mention that with the diminished signal strength I have noticed a reduction in speed as well, especially with my 5Ghz at home.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Also I have wifi calling with T-Mobile. Again when I was at home in the same room as the router just a few feet away, when on the 5Ghz SSID calls couldn't hold and would immediately drop and when on the 2.4Ghz SSID calls would hold for a little while but then have problems. My wife's GS5 has no problem with connection on wifi calls when sitting in the exact same position.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I may have a faulty wifi radio. But I wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem first.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a weak WiFi signal. Only device I've ever owned that drops my WiFi at home and it'll be on 4g for a bit and then pick it back up. It is a bit annoying. I don't use WiFi calling but it would probably drive me nuts because it would just drop my call I'm assuming.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's certain routers. But our 500 million other devices all hold signal. This phone seems eager to drop it.

DaveKman

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Yup. Only had the LG G3 a few days and already noticed weak WiFi / dropped signal compared to the Motorola Razr Maxx. Otherwise, I love this phone so far..,

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Only had the LG G3 a few days and already noticed weak WiFi / dropped signal compared to the Motorola Razr Maxx. Otherwise, I love this phone so far..,

Yeah I'm the same way. I love the phone but the wifi issue is starting to bother me