Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi weak signal

Anyone else having issues with weak wifi signal? I have seen that some people have problems with wifi dropping, but my issue is that the wifi antenna just seems to not pick up a signal as strongly as other phones I have had. This happens at both home and work. Even like 5 feet from the router I will only have 1 or 2 bars of wifi on 5Ghz and won't have full bars on 2.4Ghz. I'm really hoping its a software issue and not a hardware one. If no one else is having a similar issue I think I'll take it back to the T-Mobile store.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Wifi weak signal

I haven't encountered any issue with Wi-Fi. I have 2-3 bars outside my home as well.

From my LG G3

Try this app to check signal strength: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...analyzer&hl=en

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So I downloaded the app. I'm at work right now, and I think there are some SSID's here that have pretty good strength (around 70 dbm, which is pretty good right?). But unfortunately I can't do much at work to change channels lol. Obviously at home I can, but with other phones I haven't needed to play with changing channels before. And with my wife's GS5 her signal strength is great.

I should also mention that with the diminished signal strength I have noticed a reduction in speed as well, especially with my 5Ghz at home.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Also I have wifi calling with T-Mobile. Again when I was at home in the same room as the router just a few feet away, when on the 5Ghz SSID calls couldn't hold and would immediately drop and when on the 2.4Ghz SSID calls would hold for a little while but then have problems. My wife's GS5 has no problem with connection on wifi calls when sitting in the exact same position.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I may have a faulty wifi radio. But I wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem first.

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

I have a weak WiFi signal. Only device I've ever owned that drops my WiFi at home and it'll be on 4g for a bit and then pick it back up. It is a bit annoying. I don't use WiFi calling but it would probably drive me nuts because it would just drop my call I'm assuming.

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

Maybe it's certain routers. But our 500 million other devices all hold signal. This phone seems eager to drop it.

Yup. Only had the LG G3 a few days and already noticed weak WiFi / dropped signal compared to the Motorola Razr Maxx. Otherwise, I love this phone so far..,
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKman View Post
    Yup. Only had the LG G3 a few days and already noticed weak WiFi / dropped signal compared to the Motorola Razr Maxx. Otherwise, I love this phone so far..,
    Yeah I'm the same way. I love the phone but the wifi issue is starting to bother me