Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: My LG G3 Battery Drain Cure!

Tried the SD card fix, did not work. My battery is draining badly and is not responding the way it did the first few weeks. I am rooted and have been for some time initially with no drain. Really looking for a solution to this issue...

Posted via the Android Central App

G3 is great in standy, but once you start using it, it's over. I have my brightness at 38% or autobrightness most of the time. Really love this phone but i'll be tempted by the Note 4.

Quote Originally Posted by shiki100 View Post
    My (lg g3) battery drains so massively I don't know why but I think my phone came defected. When I first got it when it came out a day after I charged it played with it fine after a week I started noticing that my battery would die so fast I was like wait a minute
    If your battery drain changes that dramatically, it is most likely due to some app that's constantly running in the background or constantly using data. What apps did you install or update just before this started happening? I don't have my G3 yet, but does it's battery stats screen show you what apps are using the most battery? If not, download one of the battery status apps from the Play store and see what it tells you. Or do a factory reset, and DON'T restore all your apps from the play store, and see if that fixes it.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

GSAM Monitor helps me pinpoint battery draining apps. And I check Battery Doctor frequently. I don't feel my phone is draining these days at all though. When it is on standby it is cool; even the on/ff button as well as the display. I did however try using that 128GB SD card and it works for only so long before jamming up and causing heat problems. No wonder it cost only about $16. You get what you pay for. I'm using the Sandisk 64GB presently.
    EDIT: Just ordered a new Sandisk 128GB from eBay for $65.
    SanDisk 128GB Ultra Micro SDXC UHS 1 Class 10 Micro SD Memory Card w Adapter | eBay
    Last edited by urrl; 09-16-2014 at 05:27 PM.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by urrl View Post
    I reformatted the 128GB but I'm afraid to try to re-install it. My G3 has been on 100% for about 4 hours now unplugged with the 64GB SD, mostly on standby except for the few things I check on, but still I don't remember it ever lasting this long at 100%. I have Battery Doctor and GSAM Battery Monitor installed. The face of the phone as well as the rear buttons are absolutely cool to the touch. Sorry guys but unless I get more problems I'm not messing with it.
    EDIT: Make that about 5 hours at 100%.
    Other things I've done for these results:
    Once the G3 is operating with less battery drain (from swapped out SD card) I Use LG Backup service and back up on the SD card.
    Next I Factory reset
    Next restore using LG Backup file on the SD card.
    I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 64GB with a 10C rating
    I did all of this around 12:30pm
    Finally shows 99% after 6:PM
    Attachment 134472

What icons are those?

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    SD Card storage is slower and less secure than Internal storage.
    True. But if your phone breaks, and you can't access internal memory, everything you stored on it is gone. Anything you stored on the SD card can still be retrieved.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    True. But if your phone breaks, and you can't access internal memory, everything you stored on it is gone. Anything you stored on the SD card can still be retrieved.
    and if your phone gets lost or stolen an SD card will not save you - you will lose all of your data. so an SD card is not the answer if you want to prevent the loss of your data. securely backing up your data in the cloud is the answer.
    Thanked by:

Secure and Cloud would seem to be an oxymoron.

Ricky Babalu and Stwutter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    and if your phone gets lost or stolen an SD card will not save you - you will lose all of your data. so an SD card is not the answer if you want to prevent the loss of your data. securely backing up your data in the cloud is the answer.
    I think 'automatically' or 'conveniently' instead of 'securely' would be a better word in your last sentence.
    Ricky Babalu likes this.

I have had my3 since September. it started out completely fine, amazing actually. but recently it has been extremely slow and laggy as well as VERY hot. I do NOT have any SD card in my phone at all. any ideas on how to fix this issue? I always fully close my apps too

nvm. opened up my apps and checked which ones used the most mb and I deleted the app swift key (custom keyboard) and now its quick and cold

Default Re: Having a battery drain problem on LG G3?

I use a higher capacity battery, it does NOT require you replace the back cover. Get a long day use out of it. Bought on eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...483123&alt=web

Default Re: Having a battery drain problem on LG G3?

I work in a hospital, and notice that at work, my battery goes from 100% down to approximately 25-30% in less than 8 hours. This is typically with less than forty minutes of screen on time! I turn data off and use Wi-Fi only and keep brightness down, close apps, turn off location etc... I tried taking out the sd card once, but it didn't seem to make much difference.
    I thought it was due to signal searching, as I get close to 3 hours screen on time at my home (still not great)...with data and Wi-Fi both on. But my colleague has a note 4 (also Verizon) and his battery maintains 77% with Bluetooth, gps, data, Wi-Fi all on, and similar hours and screen on time.
    Please help me. I appreciate it greatly. Am I doomed among all the hospital electric noise, and if so...why me so dramatically?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Having a battery drain problem on LG G3?-screenshot_2014-10-31-15-25-24.jpg  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12