Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default can I get keyboard to delete full words when backspacing with swipe?

when i used swipe with my s4, backspace would delete the full word after a swipe.. can I make my lg do this? It sucks having to backspace 5x to delete a mis-swyped word.

I'm mute & 1 handed, so i talk with my phone.. It isn't fun having to sit there pressing backspace 9x instead of 1x then just reswyping. I like the in-house keyboard because of the 1 handed option- it is very nice.. but, if this can't be done with the stock keyboard, I guess I'll have to use the full size google kb

Default Re: can I get keyboard to delete full words when backspacing with swipe?

If you hold the backspace down, it will delete the whole word, yes.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: can I get keyboard to delete full words when backspacing with swipe?

i also like the numbers ontop.. the google kb doesn't have that
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I don't want to hold it down, i just want the word gone with one press, not wait and guess at when it'll be done when holding it down

also, the lg keyboard won't let me swear or learn swears.. highlights red.. How do I fix that

When you swipe a word you don't want, you can delete the last letter of the word and then TYPE the new word and the entire word that you didn't would be deleted at once. Not as convenient, but it's better than nothing.