Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cat 6 G3 Screen

Hi everyone, so I have a F460s phone aaaand I dropped it so now the LCD is all wonky and showing stripey bars even though everything else works fine. I've been trying to get it fixed here [Aus] and they only have the screens for the D855. I was wondering if there would be a difference if I replaced my screen with that because I like the slight colour difference that the Cat 6 has and I have a feeling it may be brighter than the F400/D855 models. Will changing the screen affect the colour/brightness?
    Thanks!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Default Re: Cat 6 G3 Screen

Quote Originally Posted by yeonsshi View Post
    Hi everyone, so I have a F460s phone aaaand I dropped it so now the LCD is all wonky and showing stripey bars even though everything else works fine. I've been trying to get it fixed here [Aus] and they only have the screens for the D855. I was wondering if there would be a difference if I replaced my screen with that because I like the slight colour difference that the Cat 6 has and I have a feeling it may be brighter than the F400/D855 models. Will changing the screen affect the colour/brightness?
    Thanks!
    A very technical question and I would say it may or it may not.

More definitive answers will follow :-P

Posted via the Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Haha. Thanks. This is like the deciding factor between me shipping it back to the seller for repair or getting it done here D:
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yeonsshi View Post
    Haha. Thanks. This is like the deciding factor between me shipping it back to the seller for repair or getting it done here D:
    Well I'm sure it won't be any worse so perhaps just get it done at home, rather than sending it off and being without your beloved G3 :-P

Posted via the Android Central App

You don't want to make the wrong decision. I'm sure that LG will be able to tell you about any technical differences between the two screens. A brief email...

Posted via Android Central App