Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default is it worth it to buy the Verizon LG G3 at full retail price?

is it worth it to buy the Verizon LG G3 at full retail price?

I have an upgrade, but can't use it because using it will make me lose my unlimited data.

The full retail price isn't that bad, but I'm just wondering if it's really worth it. I don't have a problem buying Samsung products at ful retail because they usually have a very high resale value. For example, I sold my old Verizon Galaxy Note 3 for $479 after almost 9 months of use.

LG G3 is the first LG phone I've ever considered buying. How likely is it to get a high resale value after several months?

Quote Originally Posted by Carla97220 View Post
    is it worth it to buy the Verizon LG G3 at full retail price?

I have an upgrade, but can't use it because using it will make me lose my unlimited data.

The full retail price isn't that bad, but I'm just wondering if it's really worth it. I don't have a problem buying Samsung products at ful retail because they usually have a very high resale value. For example, I sold my old Verizon Galaxy Note 3 for $479 after almost 9 months of use.

LG G3 is the first LG phone I've ever considered buying. How likely is it to get a high resale value after several months?
    Doubtful of the high resale price, the G3 has dropped dramatically here in the UK but things differ in the states.

That said there are huge plus points with the G3 but a few negatives.

Have a scroll In these forums. I have the cold and not in the writing an essay mood lol

Someone else can have my mantle teeheee mind you Leo Rex is good and Bbseatle although the latter is more swift :-P

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: is it worth it to buy the Verizon LG G3 at full retail price?

What about Swappa? Seeing new ones in the high $400 to low $500.
    I am in the same boat with unlimited....I sold a couple of my other phones to pay for my G3.
    I honestly can't say whether any phone is worth $600 - $800.....it's easier to accept when I can sell something (old phone) to ease the pain.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: is it worth it to buy the Verizon LG G3 at full retail price?

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    What about Swappa? Seeing new ones in the high $400 to low $500.
    I am in the same boat with unlimited....I sold a couple of my other phones to pay for my G3.
    I honestly can't say whether any phone is worth $600 - $800.....it's easier to accept when I can sell something (old phone) to ease the pain.
    copy this sentence and search for it on Google:

"can a smartphone bought on eBay have its ESN# go bad 2 or 3 months after purchase?"

After reading that story, I don't think I'll ever buy used smartphones on eBay, Craigslist, or even Swappa, unless I can trust the seller 100%. It's clear that you have no recourse with PayPal or eBay if the seller stops paying phone bills 2 months after selling the phone to you.