Solved my battery drop & heat issue

Kwjmac

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have had my G3 since T-Mobile released them and have had excellent battery life and no heat issues until last night and all day today. Today it was very hot to the touch and my battery was only lasting three hours. It was so bad that even connected to the charger it was still dropping percentage points! So I used android tuner to log who was running and it showed only the Android system running but it was at 100% I also remembered seeing the process .gapps stopped message. So I went ahead and did the download manager app disable/clear/enable routine and sure enough my heat issue and bad battery life problems disappeared immediately. Back to being a happy G3 user again.

jazhashim1993

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
hey mate,
my lg g3 strted heating the day i bought it the cpu goes upto 60 to 70degree when i use youtube ,game or camera for around 15 to 20 minutes. Is it normal cause i am not an expert in this. if not , can u provide the steps/proccedure on how to get rid of this issue.;););)

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
not normal, sometimes i leave a game or 2 running when i get a call on my desk phone and it gets warm at most, not hot at all

Get it replaced

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had my G3 since T-Mobile released them and have had excellent battery life and no heat issues until last night and all day today. Today it was very hot to the touch and my battery was only lasting three hours. It was so bad that even connected to the charger it was still dropping percentage points! So I used android tuner to log who was running and it showed only the Android system running but it was at 100% I also remembered seeing the process .gapps stopped message. So I went ahead and did the download manager app disable/clear/enable routine and sure enough my heat issue and bad battery life problems disappeared immediately. Back to being a happy G3 user again.

Can you please tell us what exactly did you download? I tried "manager" but there's a lot

himzzy87

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Can you please tell us what exactly did you download? I tried "manager" but there's a lot
Also if you can provide any steps or any kind of monitoring to be followed, that would be great!!!

Thanks

Marco Magana

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Please, provide steps on how to do this? Do you need to be rooted? My g3 overheats a lot and need this fixed asap.

Posted via the Android Central App

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
hey mate,
my lg g3 strted heating the day i bought it the cpu goes upto 60 to 70degree when i use youtube ,game or camera for around 15 to 20 minutes. Is it normal cause i am not an expert in this. if not , can u provide the steps/proccedure on how to get rid of this issue.;););)

Is that 60-70C or F? if its F then you are fine. the G3 will shut down after 200F.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995