Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  • 1 Post By pmcnei11
  • 1 Post By mhunter6378
  • 1 Post By pmcnei11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP!!!! problems with multitasking

i just purchased an LG G3 a few days ago and have loved the phone so far except for one thing that keeps bugging me. The phone doesnt seem to be able to multitask. whenever i try and switch between an open app and an app I have just had open, the app im switching to seems to always reload itself. so when multitasking between things such as candy crush, FB, youtube, snapchat, etc the app will open and reload itself.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Default Re: HELP!!!! problems with multitasking

I haven't had any issues with this on my G3. Have you tried using the multi-window feature instead?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Sorry how do you get Facebook to be one of the apps you can multitask on, I can only use a few apps Like calculator and gallery but none of the one's I want to like tapatalk or whatsapp or Facebook?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by avolkering View Post
    i just purchased an LG G3 a few days ago and have loved the phone so far except for one thing that keeps bugging me. The phone doesnt seem to be able to multitask. whenever i try and switch between an open app and an app I have just had open, the app im switching to seems to always reload itself. so when multitasking between things such as candy crush, FB, youtube, snapchat, etc the app will open and reload itself.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?
    Do you have a 2GB Ram version? The same happened to another poster on here.If so you're running out of Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    Do you have a 2GB Ram version? The same happened to another poster on here.If so you're running out of Ram.
    Yes there is another thread, I think it was Wikh that had the issue with a 2gb version. But in the end IIRC he had a bunch of apps moved to SD and that was what was causing his issues. I'll look for the thread and link it.
    Wikh likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

yeah i have the 16GB, 2 GB RAM version. How can i limit the amount of RAM that the LG software is taking up?

Quote Originally Posted by avolkering View Post
    yeah i have the 16GB, 2 GB RAM version. How can i limit the amount of RAM that the LG software is taking up?
    Debloat LGs software and use Nova Launcher. The other poster in here ended up selling the 2Gb version and buying the 3GB. The QHD display also uses double the Ram(as video Ram) an HD display uses 300mb Vs 600mb.
    Wikh likes this.

Ahhhhh, I thought he got the 3gb in the end.
    mhunter6378 likes this.

I did.
    Thanked by:

There isn't a real solution for that - that's all you have with the 2gb version.
    By moving apps to the phone it helped a little bit but still bugged me out! Ask anything - I'm subscribed to this topic and I can try to help.

If I have a video running on the browser and I minimize the window, the video will stop. What's up with that?

T-Mobile G3

I think the page will reload. Same thing happened to youtube for me.

Or to the AC forum app. Every single time it restarted.