G3 vs. Note 4

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I believe there is another thread somewhere that may be similar. May the MOD be with me.

However..

Is anyone contemplating swaping their G3 out for the soon to be released Note 4? Why? Why not? I love the G3, it's my first LG smartphone. I am not sure if I can go back to the land of physical home buttons and touchwiz. I do have a serious psychological problem though, a complex if you will. Smartphone hysteria? Maybe.. I am a long time fan of the 'Note' series but the form factor of the G3 might just win me over. Once upon a time I had the Note 3 and the performance was very comparable to that of the G3. I know i know i know, the G3 has a UHD display! I wonder how the Note 4's performance will compare given the latest rumors speculating the Note 4 also sporting a UHD display. Its likely to have an 805 backing it though! JESUS help me.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions, psychiatric therapy and the like all welcome.

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I believe there is another thread somewhere that may be similar. May the MOD be with me.

However..

Is anyone contemplating swaping their G3 out for the soon to be released Note 4? Why? Why not? I love the G3, it's my first LG smartphone. I am not sure if I can go back to the land of physical home buttons and touchwiz. I do have a serious psychological problem though, a complex if you will. Smartphone hysteria? Maybe.. I am a long time fan of the 'Note' series but the form factor of the G3 might just win me over. Once upon a time I had the Note 3 and the performance was very comparable to that of the G3. I know i know i know, the G3 has a UHD display! I wonder how the Note 4's performance will compare given the latest rumors speculating the Note 4 also sporting a UHD display. Its likely to have an 805 backing it though! JESUS help me.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions, psychiatric therapy and the like all welcome.
Yeah, I will be getting a Note 4 on release day. Also had a G3,M8 Nexus 5 and Z2 this year. What interests me most about the Note 4 is its performance. It already looks like the AMOLED QHDs new display technology which uses less power and runs cooler is giving pay offs (certainly in the Galaxy S5 Prime). It let's the phone run cooler with less thermal throttling. If Samsung get it right, the performance could be really excellent. In saying that I do think its ugly.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The latest rumors on the Nexus 6... or Nexus X coming from Motorola make it sound like it will be the best Nexus to date and won't hold anything back like the Nexus 5 did versus the G2 as far as weaker battery. QHD, 805 processor, etc and guessing smaller than Note 4... that's a winner to me because I don't want anything bigger than my G3 in the future.

Yeah, I will be getting a Note 4 on release day. Also had a G3,M8 Nexus 5 and Z2 this year. What interests me most about the Note 4 is its performance. It already looks like the AMOLED QHDs new display technology which uses less power and runs cooler is giving pay offs (certainly in the Galaxy S5 Prime). It let's the phone run cooler with less thermal throttling. If Samsung get it right, the performance could be really excellent. In saying that I do think its ugly.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

Interesting, the Note series always seems to perform flawlessly. If I do switch ill miss the onscreen home icons, and rear rocker/power button setup. I wonder how big the Note will be.. not that its an issue.

Were you not pleased with the performance of the G3?

Glad to see your just as insane as I am. I often use Android Central to prove to my wife that there are people out there just as obsessive compulsive as I am!

jammytech

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping the G3, its too much of a beautiful device, even with 805 the note 4 will still lag with touchwiz and Samsung always manages to spoil a almost perfect device

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Interesting, the Note series always seems to perform flawlessly. If I do switch ill miss the onscreen home icons, and rear rocker/power button setup. I wonder how big the Note will be.. not that its an issue.

Were you not pleased with the performance of the G3?

Glad to see your just as insane as I am. I often use Android Central to prove to my wife that there are people out there just as obsessive compulsive as I am!
The G3 was too slow and laggy for me, and I had a lot of redraws (2gb Ram version). I'm a total gadget nerd and "need" the newest and best phone lol. I believe if the leak rumours are true then the Note 4 is 5.7inches, it looks just like all the other notes though, that is pretty ugly. I don't really bother about the buttons, performance drives me mad though!

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
The G3 was too slow and laggy for me, and I had a lot of redraws (2gb Ram version). I'm a total gadget nerd and "need" the newest and best phone lol. I believe if the leak rumours are true then the Note 4 is 5.7inches, it looks just like all the other notes though, that is pretty ugly. I don't really bother about the buttons, performance drives me mad though!

I agree, I like my mini computers to perform flawlessly. I will say that the performs very comparable to the Note 3, which IMO was one of the greats. I haven't experienced any lag with my G3, but then again I have the 32/3 version. I would totally balk at a 16/2.

As a side note, the M8 (again) IMO performed better than pretty much any phone i've ever used. It was too safe for me though, the G3 is a fun device to use and PERFECT for media consumption. I've also found the battery to be bulletproof, very comparable to the Note 3.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
One thing is for sure Samsung will push the N4 into a new territory in regards to ram. Its been mentioned 3gb and 4gb. I believe it might just be the latter.

The screen will pop and will be vibrant as Amoleds usually are.

The S-Pen has obviously got some new features going by teaser video's.

There isn't much to really go on, with the recent release of the Alpha, will the Note 4 bear a similar design?

I'm sure it will be Interesting come the 3rd when all is unveiled... As to the reception and response this should be fun, I will admit I'm curious.

But I do like the G3 in many many ways and it offers a lot of great functionality. The design is one that I like a lot. I also have the Z2 another great device of 2014.

What can one say other than only time will tell, and we are not that far away now..

Note 4 or G3 for now its my G3 and it may remain I have grown to like and prefer on screen keys..

But my tech habbit might get the better of me hmm one last time for a couple of years, been saying that with the previous devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You'll have a Note 4 in front of you sooner than you know it....LOL :)
Which I'm cool with, that way you can tell us all about it....don't forget the pictures.

One thing is for sure Samsung will push the N4 into a new territory in regards to ram. Its been mentioned 3gb and 4gb. I believe it might just be the latter.

The screen will pop and will be vibrant as Amoleds usually are.

The S-Pen has obviously got some new features going by teaser video's.

There isn't much to really go on, with the recent release of the Alpha, will the Note 4 bear a similar design?

I'm sure it will be Interesting come the 3rd when all is unveiled... As to the reception and response this should be fun, I will admit I'm curious.

But I do like the G3 in many many ways and it offers a lot of great functionality. The design is one that I like a lot. I also have the Z2 another great device of 2014.

What can one say other than only time will tell, and we are not that far away now..

Note 4 or G3 for now its my G3 and it may remain I have grown to like and prefer on screen keys..

But my tech habbit might get the better of me hmm one last time for a couple of years, been saying that with the previous devices.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
My issue with the Note series lately is the size, I wish they would drop it back to 5.5" because it's a PITA to carry & use. We all know that Samsung is going push the specs and performance at an even higher level.

tapatalk LG pro D852

isitme

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely getting the N4, but not necessarily getting rid of my cat 6 G3. LG nailed the size to me with the G3 and I have no lag with the cat 6.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm going back and forth. I love my G3 and if I get the N4 I'm going to keep the G3 but I don't know if I can do it. The G3 performs flawlessly for me. Plus in not a fan off the looks of the note or the home button as I had the note 3 and grew tired of it.

gavinfabl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm in two mind. I have the 32gb G3 and it performs really well. I like some of the G3's software tweaks. Eg user adjustable on screen menu keys. Knock on. Knock code. It's also snappy. I've had every flagship in the last 2 years and in all honesty the difference between each one reduces as time moves on. The Note 4 might have 4gb ram and a snapdragon 805 but maybe with its software it needs it. If the Note 4 is as snappy as the G3 well that's a different story and reason to move. My other concern is storage. I hope we get in the UK a base 32gb version like the Note 3.

So assuming all is as above I only see the difference as stylus and special software touchwiz style. And potentially a better camera. But then the G3 camera is awesome once you grasp it which is relatively simple to do.

My other concern is the launch price will be huge for the Note 4 along with all the accessories. But that is the same with all android phones.

I'm in 2 minds. The G3 has been a blast to use. Even the infra red built in software is superior to that on the Note 3 and S5. But I like my latest and greatest tech.

So in reality I might succumb along with a Gear S. I'm swearing it out :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
You'll have a Note 4 in front of you sooner than you know it....LOL :)
Which I'm cool with, that way you can tell us all about it....don't forget the pictures.

In all honesty I just might, but I have been away from Samsung & touchwiz for a while. We are all aware that the Note series overrides the S range or rather this seems to be Samsung's Flagship and the S is to keep us content until the Note's release, So its bound to have that better attention to detail. This if I do purchase will be a stepping stone to the G4..

Samsung are innovative and do offer great devices and even the S5 has strong selling points. I just like the direction of other OEM's & much prefer there loose grip on let's say software. OK so I was bound to mention TW but now what is in my mind is like my Note 3 is root & ROMs (I had my Note 3 TW free) thus it ran as smooth as (use your imagination) lol.

So I revert back as Samsung's are popular and do tend to hold value a bit better than some ( not quite apple) but a good second, so when the G4 is here next year it would be good then to sell my Note 4 (if I purchases) to Acquire the G4.

A few things standing in my way is my logical mindset...

The G3 works for me & I have the Z2...and between the two (although I have been using the G3 since launch) they cover all aspects I look for.

So the Note 4 would just be that curiosity and feeding my tech habit, its not required and although I mentioned it can be used as a stepping stone to the G4, I could easily wait and just get the G4 without this option.

Let's see what happens........

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Coming in September apparently and September is almost upon us. If fitted with the fuel-efficient Exynos 20nm-type chip in conjunction with massive battery, should give very impressive screen-on times even with 5.7" quadHD. But expensive.

Posted via Android Central App

gavinfabl

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the 805 , new 20nm chip etc will help with battery but it's still a 2.5k screen. Not sure miracles will occur. Not unless it's a 4,000mAh battery.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The G3 and not leaving out my Z2 has won me over...OK my mindset is saying gowan get the Note 4...but the other part is saying what is wrong with either the G3 or Z2?

I must answer that nothing is wrong OK the Note 4 will no doubt have the 805soc and a Huge 4gb ram oh and that Amoled 2560x1440 screen. The usual Samsung Flair of innovation heart rate monitor, UV sensors and new camera features no doubt. It will be as efficient on battery as the note 3 or better..

No I don't want it (shut up yes you do) no i don't its not logical (screw logic)..

OK I'm going to go now and continue this debate in my head lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs