Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lynx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using K-9 mail app on Lg G3-is there a way

to have links to dates, phone numbers and addresses show up as links so that the info can be directly dialed or placed into a calendar by simply touching them? Maybe I'm missing a setting.....k9's support materials are a bit, uh, challenging.

Or, if you have another recommendation for an email app, I'm listening.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    1,200 Global Posts

Default Re: Using K-9 mail app on Lg G3-is there a way

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya Biz1 View Post
    to have links to dates, phone numbers and addresses show up as links so that the info can be directly dialed or placed into a calendar by simply touching them? Maybe I'm missing a setting.....k9's support materials are a bit, uh, challenging.

Or, if you have another recommendation for an email app, I'm listening.

Thanks.
    Nine is far and away the best email app I have used on Android. I use that for my Exchange emails and its fantastic.
    isitme likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks!

Nine is perfect to me and worth the price.

Just to add to what was already said. Nine is $10 which is half price and honestly well worth it. Clean app but more of what I was looking for, application instead of device secure. Example, my work locks down EVERYTHING. Because of a past life, I knew how to get my email on my phone and despite the line of "You don't get it unless you have a company phone" I was wanting it because I don't want to have to look at my laptop outside of work unless I have to. If I just use stock email app it causes a pin code on my phone which I hate, but Nine allows it only to allow them admin access to their app and pin code just that. So you get to keep your entire phone to yourself.

Well I didn't understand 90% of that but OK... I've been using K9 for almost five years. Very good but never great with documentation... it's a volunteer based freeware for the most part, right? Anyway, don't have an answer for the OP but interested in options that folks know about.

Just tap on the phone # or street address in the email msg. It should open up the related app (dialer or Google Maps) or, if more than one app and no default is set, a "Complete action using..." dialog will open allowing you to select an app.

If it doesn't work, it's more likely an issue w/the email content formatting, not with K-9, Android, or your G3.

If composing emails, you could format your own Html, using mailto, address tags, etc. I don't know of a mobile client for that, and it seems too much of a PITA on a phone (or desktop for that matter), IMO, but it's a possible answer to your ?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk