Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andy Bredemeyer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tip: expanding or collapsing notifications

I just noticed that if you swipe up or down on the notification with 2 fingers you can collapse or expand them like on nexus devices!
    I thought G3 was missing this feature - but it just works differently.
    Thanked by:

If you mean the notification pull-down, allow me halve your workload...ONE finger will do it!

Another neat trick is: Place two fingers on a home screen, and separate them. As if by magic, no icons! Enjoy looking at your home screen wallpaper by itself. Closing the fingers or pressing the back button restores all to normal.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Tip: expanding or collapsing notifications

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    If you mean the notification pull-down, allow me halve your workload...ONE finger will do it!

Another neat trick is: Place two fingers on a home screen, and separate them. As if by magic, no icons! Enjoy looking at your home screen wallpaper by itself. Closing the fingers or pressing the back button restores all to normal.

With one finger it's not working for me. You mean it like in nexus devices? Because then it's not working.
    But with 2 fingers it's working as it should.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Oooooh wait I see. I meant the notifications not the whole screen.
    Hahaha.

I've been clawing at my screen with various fingers, and even several thumbs. All I get is the black pull-down screen. Either were talking about the same thing or I'm an i.d.i.o.t.
    Actually, even if we're not I'm an i.d.i.o.t.😶🐢

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    I've been clawing at my screen with various fingers, and even several thumbs. All I get is the black pull-down screen. Either were talking about the same thing or I'm an i.d.i.o.t.
    Actually, even if we're not I'm an i.d.i.o.t.😶🐢

But the notifications on the notification screen. Check out Google music app - it's expanded by default (takes 2x more place) but if you swipe up on that with 2 fingers it will be a normal notification not expanded.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Wikh View Post
    But the notifications on the notification screen. Check out Google music app - it's expanded by default (takes 2x more place) but if you swipe up on that with 2 fingers it will be a normal notification not expanded.
    Before - after:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tip: expanding or collapsing notifications-1409351478414.jpg   Tip: expanding or collapsing notifications-1409351499953.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Aaaahhh, I understand💡. We were indeed talking about something different. Next time I get an interesting notification, I'll try....all I've got at the moment is Battery Saver.

Thanks for posting this! Also thought this feature was missing.
    Wikh likes this.