Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 157
Like Tree66Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Anyone else returned their LG G3 and regetted it?

    So, here's thing. I ended up returning the G3 today because I honestly didn't like that it got warm or a bit got when playing games and that there was a bit of lag on the interface. I also didn't like that in benchmarks it seemed to score rather poorly. I don't think a not really noticeable 2K screen is worth it if it causes decreased performance. Also, battery life seemed ok, not amazing.

    But now I'm wondering if I maybe was too hasty with my return. How much do benchmarks even matter? Maybe things would have improved with time. Honestly, I'm mad at LG that they made such a nice phone that I'm beginning to think to put up with these personally shortcomings, haha.

    I then thought of getting a M8 because it supposed to have better performance and battery, but that camera makes me iffy. Though I don't really take many photos.

    Also doesn't help that every reviewer seems to really live the G3.

    I don't know, what do you guys think? Give it another shot?
  2. Best Answer

    I don't know if it was just a hiccup in the software but I did noticed the lag when I first got her. It all disappeared after Nova Prime and improved after changing the runtime to ART.

    Benchmarks? It's one thing I do not care about. I just want the latest (& greatest).

    2K. I can't get over it, the display is very sharp and I get it they want to have bragging rights but I still believe it wasn't necessary. Samsung & hTc have done a great job with their 1080P (flagship) displays. I agree while Battery Life is great it could've been much better.

    Honestly, you already returned it unless you can't wait or need a phone right away I say giver her another shot but I would wait and try out Samsung's Galaxy Note 4 if you can. This way you can compare the two and then really decide which one you want (the G3). LOL

  3. #2  
    VW Maverick's Avatar

    Posts
    3,327 Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 6 - CM12.1 w/5.1.1

    Default

    Yep. You blew it big time, dude.
    But seriously folks, I don't see anything on the market now, including the upcoming GN4, that works on so many levels as the LG G3.
    Any perceived problems have been debunked as user error, bad SD cards, imagination or downright delusional and now that it has been out for a bit, nearly everyone sees it as a fantastic device.
    LG will sell 10 million units and, while not Samsung numbers, is a very good number.
    I see LG as a rising Number 2 behind Samsung as I believe they have peaked and have nowhere else to go.

    Anyway, that is my $.02 and we now return you to your regularly scheduled life.

    Mav.

    P.S. Yes. Give it another go.

    Sent on my Sprint LG G3 using A.I.

    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    Thanked by 2:
    bembol, frope01, A895 and 6 others like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    Yep. You blew it big time, dude.
    But seriously folks, I don't see anything on the market now, including the upcoming GN4, that works on so many levels as the LG G3.
    Any perceived problems have been debunked as user error, bad SD cards, imagination or downright delusional and now that it has been out for a bit, nearly everyone sees it as a fantastic device.
    LG will sell 10 million units and, while not Samsung numbers, is a very good number.
    I see LG as a rising Number 2 behind Samsung as I believe they have peaked and have nowhere else to go.

    Anyway, that is my $.02 and we now return you to your regularly scheduled life.

    Mav.

    Sent on my Sprint LG G3 using A.I.
    Is it really user error? I didn't do anything to my phone to cause those issues. So how us it my fault?

    And how do you explain benchmark scores? The G3 scored quite a bit lower on those.
    Premium1 likes this.
  5. #4  
    VW Maverick's Avatar

    Posts
    3,327 Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 6 - CM12.1 w/5.1.1

    Default

    No blame or fault was intended or implied.
    My comments are a blanket statement of a myriad of problems, real or perceived, that I have seen noted and mentioned since release.
    Personally, I don't buy or judge a phone with benchmarks. This one is the only device that I have ever run the tests on and it does not change my opinion of it.
    Again just my deranged ramblings.
    Everyone should hopefully be happy with whatever device they have.
    It would be a boring world if we all were the same.

    Mav.

    Sent on my Sprint LG G3 using A.I.

    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  6. #5  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    I don't know if it was just a hiccup in the software but I did noticed the lag when I first got her. It all disappeared after Nova Prime and improved after changing the runtime to ART.

    Benchmarks? It's one thing I do not care about. I just want the latest (& greatest).

    2K. I can't get over it, the display is very sharp and I get it they want to have bragging rights but I still believe it wasn't necessary. Samsung & hTc have done a great job with their 1080P (flagship) displays. I agree while Battery Life is great it could've been much better.

    Honestly, you already returned it unless you can't wait or need a phone right away I say giver her another shot but I would wait and try out Samsung's Galaxy Note 4 if you can. This way you can compare the two and then really decide which one you want (the G3). LOL
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

    - MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    VW Maverick likes this.
  7. #6  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    LG has two weeks to get 4.4.4 out to us or I bail. Love the phone, but make the effort to update timely. Please.

    Posted via Android Central App
    joe watson1 likes this.
  8. #7  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    You dumped the device for s reason. It maybe a sign to move unto the next device.

    If something like the benchmark score influenced you to help make the decision then there are devices that score really high readily available for consumption.

    Sometimes the grass is maybe greener and sometimes the grass is actually greener.

    Like any mobile device that is released there is always buyers remorse until you become comfortable with the device.

    Of course YMMV
  9. #8  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    To tackle benchmark scores I used to think these were very important. This was until I tested my note 3 and inconsistent, same with devices after, nexus 5 and Xperia Z2. Out of interest I did it with my G3, and my first score was around 22,000 wow that is low right? Tested again straight away and without doing anything it went up to 26,000, I then went for a third run and up at 35,000. I now won't do it even out of interest (what is the point?)

    Things like downloading a dodgy app can effect things and as mentioned SD cards.

    Battery life in my experience is very reasonable see below...

    It's your call if you feel you want to return to the G3 or maybe you now would like to try the N4 upon pending announcement & release.

    But so far bar 1 quite annoying issue ( I will get a fix hopefully) the G3 is a great device.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone else returned their LG G3 and regetted it?-1409477874254.jpg  
  10. #9  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by booboolala2000 View Post
    LG has two weeks to get 4.4.4 out to us or I bail. Love the phone, but make the effort to update timely. Please.

    Posted via Android Central App
    It was already stated by LG that all the "security features" that 4.4.4 had (4.4.4 was nothing but a security update) is/was incorporated into 4.4.2.

    They could update more timely.....this I agree with.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
    Thanked by:
    Wikh 
    Premium1 likes this.
  11. #10  
    Duncan1982's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,916 Posts

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    It was already stated by LG that all the "security features" that 4.4.4 had (4.4.4 was nothing but a security update) is/was incorporated into 4.4.2.

    They could update more timely.....this I agree with.
    3 updates here in Scotland although due to root I am still on v10g. This I'm not to fussed about it though. Bar 1 auxiliary issue all is sweet & dandy :-)

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  12. #11  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenSword View Post
    So, here's thing. I ended up returning the G3 today because I honestly didn't like that it got warm or a bit got when playing games and that there was a bit of lag on the interface. I also didn't like that in benchmarks it seemed to score rather poorly. I don't think a not really noticeable 2K screen is worth it if it causes decreased performance. Also, battery life seemed ok, not amazing.

    But now I'm wondering if I maybe was too hasty with my return. How much do benchmarks even matter? Maybe things would have improved with time. Honestly, I'm mad at LG that they made such a nice phone that I'm beginning to think to put up with these personally shortcomings, haha.

    I then thought of getting a M8 because it supposed to have better performance and battery, but that camera makes me iffy. Though I don't really take many photos.

    Also doesn't help that every reviewer seems to really live the G3.

    I don't know, what do you guys think? Give it another shot?
    Dont know but if i were you id get a old droid/iphone cheap ebay criagslist AC marketplace or something.

    And when a awesome phone comes out/prices drop like note 4? when you find a phone you like get it and enjoy!
  13. #12  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Man i had no problems at all with my g3!

    Benchmarks are mostly fake anyway! I do benchmarks like antutu but it doesnt really matter to me since its a fact compagnys like Samsung cheat on those!

    Ive got a opo aswell and i could say its abit quicker but its nog even that noticeable!

    Batterylife was is good on the g3 could easely et 6h screen on although my opo had a slightly beter batterylife.

    The difference between FHD and QHD is noticeable aswell. Its not that i really care about it, but you van clearly see a difference!

    And updates are good on te g3. Ive had 3 in total within a month! Updates like 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 are not needed at all so i really dont care about those!

    Posted via my 1+ or the G3.
  14. #13  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Human nature, if you would have kept it you would still be contemplating returning it. Now that's it gone you want it back.
    There's only a few days before the Note 4 is released....wait and see.
    And regardless of what some members say, you had issues therefore you felt you needed to return.
    Others saying they have not had a single problem don't help you one bit.
  15. #14  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    People are so quick to flee a new device. It's only been out for a month or so..

    Posted via AT&T LG G3.
    Premium1 likes this.
  16. #15  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Every phone has issues which usually get worked out in updates, personally the G3 is a superior device with very little if any issues at all.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
  17. #16  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Curious what the time frame has to do with it? If he is having issues why would he keep it?


    Quote Originally Posted by xamadeix View Post
    People are so quick to flee a new device. It's only been out for a month or so..

    Posted via AT&T LG G3.
  18. #17  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    I returned mine too and kick myself every day for it. I really f'd up. Anyway, now I'm going to hang tough until the iPhone 6 is announced and then choose between the two. I wish I could afford both!

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  19. #18  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Wait..... People still get all tingly over benchmarks? Really? I have never really seen the point in that stuff. When I am choosing a phone, I go to the store to physically handle the phone in person. I don't go on reviews, how many commercials the phone has, etc.

    So the decision is all mine! If I take it back, once again, the decision is mine! I'm not looking for justification or validation from no one when buying or returning a phone.

    If the phone wasn't doing what YOU wanted it to do, YOU decided to return it. But yet YOU are looking for justification or validation for YOUR decision.

    To Me the G3 is an awesome phone. As someone said maybe it was user error or maybe you got a lemon of a device..... Who knows. Do what's best for YOU. If taking it back worked for YOU, that's cool cus it's YOUR decision.

    Stick with what works for YOU! Good luck!

    Sent from my Verizon LG G3
  20. #19  
    AndroidHabit's Avatar

    Posts
    724 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    I went to AT&T and test out the G3, M8 and SG5 and I know I picked the best one. As far as specs go the G3 has more of the best specs out of the three phones I was looking at. I don't feel I missed out on another phone simply because one has SAMOLED or dual speakers, in fact the G3 sounded the same if not louder than the M8. I did wait the 14 days to root my phone but once that was over and there was no major flaws I rooted it and started tinkering. I was actually happy with my LG NITRO for 3 years but since the government is making it a LAW in 2015 that we can NOT root our devices then I figured to get the best of 2014.
  21. #20  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidHabit View Post
    I went to AT&T and test out the G3, M8 and SG5 and I know I picked the best one. As far as specs go the G3 has more of the best specs out of the three phones I was looking at. I don't feel I missed out on another phone simply because one has SAMOLED or dual speakers, in fact the G3 sounded the same if not louder than the M8. I did wait the 14 days to root my phone but once that was over and there was no major flaws I rooted it and started tinkering. I was actually happy with my LG NITRO for 3 years but since the government is making it a LAW in 2015 that we can NOT root our devices then I figured to get the best of 2014.
    Your government is srsly doing that? What are they afraid of? People using orbot with superuser?

    Lovely rights you guys have in America xD

    Posted via my 1+ or the G3.
    brick58 likes this.
  22. #21  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenSword View Post
    Is it really user error? I didn't do anything to my phone to cause those issues. So how us it my fault?

    And how do you explain benchmark scores? The G3 scored quite a bit lower on those.
    Take the benchmark scores with a grain of salt... Those are not very accurate.

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)
  23. #22  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidHabit View Post
    I went to AT&T and test out the G3, M8 and SG5 and I know I picked the best one. As far as specs go the G3 has more of the best specs out of the three phones I was looking at. I don't feel I missed out on another phone simply because one has SAMOLED or dual speakers, in fact the G3 sounded the same if not louder than the M8. I did wait the 14 days to root my phone but once that was over and there was no major flaws I rooted it and started tinkering. I was actually happy with my LG NITRO for 3 years but since the government is making it a LAW in 2015 that we can NOT root our devices then I figured to get the best of 2014.
    You sure you didnt get unlocking and root mix up?

    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
  24. #23  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    I was thinking that maybe an update would fix some if the "unstable" qualities that the G3 has. It's a great device, and none are perfect. I just wish it was a little more fluid and snappier at times. My OPO should be here Tuesday so the plan is to try it out for a few days and decide then.

    Posted via Android Central App
  25. #24  

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by makie View Post
    Man i had no problems at all with my g3!

    Benchmarks are mostly fake anyway! I do benchmarks like antutu but it doesnt really matter to me since its a fact compagnys like Samsung cheat on those!

    Ive got a opo aswell and i could say its abit quicker but its nog even that noticeable!

    Batterylife was is good on the g3 could easely et 6h screen on although my opo had a slightly beter batterylife.

    The difference between FHD and QHD is noticeable aswell. Its not that i really care about it, but you van clearly see a difference!

    And updates are good on te g3. Ive had 3 in total within a month! Updates like 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 are not needed at all so i really dont care about those!

    Posted via my 1+ or the G3.
    A bit off topic but which phone do you prefer the G3 or the OPO?
  26. #25  
    WordPainter's Avatar

    Posts
    191 Posts
    ROM
    CM7(Nook)

    Default Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    Yep. You blew it big time, dude.
    But seriously folks, I don't see anything on the market now, including the upcoming GN4, that works on so many levels as the LG G3.
    Any perceived problems have been debunked as user error, bad SD cards, imagination or downright delusional and now that it has been out for a bit, nearly everyone sees it as a fantastic device..
    Well said. I agree, especially about those who complain about lag. Nonsense. This phone has ZERO lag. The people complaining about it are either just so bent on finding something to dislike about the phone that they are making things up, or they have an app installed that isn't playing nice. Either way it's not the phone. It's fast and smooth..
    LG G3 (Shine Gold, Sprint)
    Netgear Zing (hotspot)
    iPad Air
    Galaxy Victory (Husband)
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Dell Lattitude 10 (Win 8)
    bassplayrguy likes this.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-25-2014, 03:09 AM
  2. Can anyone help with smart remote app for Galaxy S5?
    By Rocketsfan521 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2014, 07:42 PM
  3. Screen locjk and email notifications have stopped working.
    By Lady Grinning Soul in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2014, 04:45 PM
  4. Iphone 4 to LG 2 ... Thoughts
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 06:01 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 05:21 PM

Posting Permissions