Anyone else returned their LG G3 and regetted it?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So, here's thing. I ended up returning the G3 today because I honestly didn't like that it got warm or a bit got when playing games and that there was a bit of lag on the interface. I also didn't like that in benchmarks it seemed to score rather poorly. I don't think a not really noticeable 2K screen is worth it if it causes decreased performance. Also, battery life seemed ok, not amazing.

But now I'm wondering if I maybe was too hasty with my return. How much do benchmarks even matter? Maybe things would have improved with time. Honestly, I'm mad at LG that they made such a nice phone that I'm beginning to think to put up with these personally shortcomings, haha.

I then thought of getting a M8 because it supposed to have better performance and battery, but that camera makes me iffy. Though I don't really take many photos.

Also doesn't help that every reviewer seems to really live the G3.

I don't know, what do you guys think? Give it another shot?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Yep. You blew it big time, dude. ;)
But seriously folks, I don't see anything on the market now, including the upcoming GN4, that works on so many levels as the LG G3.
Any perceived problems have been debunked as user error, bad SD cards, imagination or downright delusional and now that it has been out for a bit, nearly everyone sees it as a fantastic device.
LG will sell 10 million units and, while not Samsung numbers, is a very good number.
I see LG as a rising Number 2 behind Samsung as I believe they have peaked and have nowhere else to go.

Anyway, that is my $.02 and we now return you to your regularly scheduled life. :)

Mav. :cool:

P.S. Yes. Give it another go.

Sent on my Sprint LG G3 using A.I.

Last edited:

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Returned G3, now regretting it.

Yep. You blew it big time, dude. ;)
But seriously folks, I don't see anything on the market now, including the upcoming GN4, that works on so many levels as the LG G3.
Any perceived problems have been debunked as user error, bad SD cards, imagination or downright delusional and now that it has been out for a bit, nearly everyone sees it as a fantastic device.
LG will sell 10 million units and, while not Samsung numbers, is a very good number.
I see LG as a rising Number 2 behind Samsung as I believe they have peaked and have nowhere else to go.

Anyway, that is my $.02 and we now return you to your regularly scheduled life. :)

Is it really user error? I didn't do anything to my phone to cause those issues. So how us it my fault?

And how do you explain benchmark scores? The G3 scored quite a bit lower on those.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
No blame or fault was intended or implied.
My comments are a blanket statement of a myriad of problems, real or perceived, that I have seen noted and mentioned since release.
Personally, I don't buy or judge a phone with benchmarks. This one is the only device that I have ever run the tests on and it does not change my opinion of it.
Again just my deranged ramblings.
Everyone should hopefully be happy with whatever device they have.
It would be a boring world if we all were the same. :)

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't know if it was just a hiccup in the software but I did noticed the lag when I first got her. It all disappeared after Nova Prime and improved after changing the runtime to ART.

Benchmarks? It's one thing I do not care about. I just want the latest (& greatest).

2K. I can't get over it, the display is very sharp and I get it they want to have bragging rights but I still believe it wasn't necessary. Samsung & hTc have done a great job with their 1080P (flagship) displays. I agree while Battery Life is great it could've been much better.

Honestly, you already returned it unless you can't wait or need a phone right away I say giver her another shot but I would wait and try out Samsung's Galaxy Note 4 if you can. This way you can compare the two and then really decide which one you want (the G3). LOL

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site

LG has two weeks to get 4.4.4 out to us or I bail. Love the phone, but make the effort to update timely. Please.

Posted via Android Central App

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

You dumped the device for s reason. It maybe a sign to move unto the next device.

If something like the benchmark score influenced you to help make the decision then there are devices that score really high readily available for consumption.

Sometimes the grass is maybe greener and sometimes the grass is actually greener.

Like any mobile device that is released there is always buyers remorse until you become comfortable with the device.

Of course YMMV

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

To tackle benchmark scores I used to think these were very important. This was until I tested my note 3 and inconsistent, same with devices after, nexus 5 and Xperia Z2. Out of interest I did it with my G3, and my first score was around 22,000 wow that is low right? Tested again straight away and without doing anything it went up to 26,000, I then went for a third run and up at 35,000. I now won't do it even out of interest (what is the point?)

Things like downloading a dodgy app can effect things and as mentioned SD cards.

Battery life in my experience is very reasonable see below...

It's your call if you feel you want to return to the G3 or maybe you now would like to try the N4 upon pending announcement & release.

But so far bar 1 quite annoying issue ( I will get a fix hopefully) the G3 is a great device.

Attachments

• 1409477874254.jpg
    1409477874254.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 261

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

LG has two weeks to get 4.4.4 out to us or I bail. Love the phone, but make the effort to update timely. Please.

Posted via Android Central App

It was already stated by LG that all the "security features" that 4.4.4 had (4.4.4 was nothing but a security update) is/was incorporated into 4.4.2.

They could update more timely.....this I agree with.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

It was already stated by LG that all the "security features" that 4.4.4 had (4.4.4 was nothing but a security update) is/was incorporated into 4.4.2.

They could update more timely.....this I agree with.

3 updates here in Scotland although due to root I am still on v10g. This I'm not to fussed about it though. Bar 1 auxiliary issue all is sweet & dandy :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

So, here's thing. I ended up returning the G3 today because I honestly didn't like that it got warm or a bit got when playing games and that there was a bit of lag on the interface. I also didn't like that in benchmarks it seemed to score rather poorly. I don't think a not really noticeable 2K screen is worth it if it causes decreased performance. Also, battery life seemed ok, not amazing.

But now I'm wondering if I maybe was too hasty with my return. How much do benchmarks even matter? Maybe things would have improved with time. Honestly, I'm mad at LG that they made such a nice phone that I'm beginning to think to put up with these personally shortcomings, haha.

I then thought of getting a M8 because it supposed to have better performance and battery, but that camera makes me iffy. Though I don't really take many photos.

Also doesn't help that every reviewer seems to really live the G3.

I don't know, what do you guys think? Give it another shot?

Dont know but if i were you id get a old droid/iphone cheap ebay criagslist AC marketplace or something.

And when a awesome phone comes out/prices drop like note 4? when you find a phone you like get it ;) and enjoy!

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Man i had no problems at all with my g3!

Benchmarks are mostly fake anyway! I do benchmarks like antutu but it doesnt really matter to me since its a fact compagnys like Samsung cheat on those!

Ive got a opo aswell and i could say its abit quicker but its nog even that noticeable!

Batterylife was is good on the g3 could easely et 6h screen on although my opo had a slightly beter batterylife.

The difference between FHD and QHD is noticeable aswell. Its not that i really care about it, but you van clearly see a difference!

And updates are good on te g3. Ive had 3 in total within a month! Updates like 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 are not needed at all so i really dont care about those!

Posted via my 1+ or the G3.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Human nature, if you would have kept it you would still be contemplating returning it. Now that's it gone you want it back.
There's only a few days before the Note 4 is released....wait and see.
And regardless of what some members say, you had issues therefore you felt you needed to return.
Others saying they have not had a single problem don't help you one bit.

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

People are so quick to flee a new device. It's only been out for a month or so..

Posted via AT&T LG G3.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

Every phone has issues which usually get worked out in updates, personally the G3 is a superior device with very little if any issues at all.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

I returned mine too and kick myself every day for it. I really f'd up. Anyway, now I'm going to hang tough until the iPhone 6 is announced and then choose between the two. I wish I could afford both!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Wait..... People still get all tingly over benchmarks? Really? I have never really seen the point in that stuff. When I am choosing a phone, I go to the store to physically handle the phone in person. I don't go on reviews, how many commercials the phone has, etc.

So the decision is all mine! If I take it back, once again, the decision is mine! I'm not looking for justification or validation from no one when buying or returning a phone.

If the phone wasn't doing what YOU wanted it to do, YOU decided to return it. But yet YOU are looking for justification or validation for YOUR decision.

To Me the G3 is an awesome phone. As someone said maybe it was user error or maybe you got a lemon of a device..... Who knows. Do what's best for YOU. If taking it back worked for YOU, that's cool cus it's YOUR decision.

Stick with what works for YOU! Good luck!

Sent from my Verizon LG G3

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I went to AT&T and test out the G3, M8 and SG5 and I know I picked the best one. As far as specs go the G3 has more of the best specs out of the three phones I was looking at. I don't feel I missed out on another phone simply because one has SAMOLED or dual speakers, in fact the G3 sounded the same if not louder than the M8. I did wait the 14 days to root my phone but once that was over and there was no major flaws I rooted it and started tinkering. I was actually happy with my LG NITRO for 3 years but since the government is making it a LAW in 2015 that we can NOT root our devices then I figured to get the best of 2014.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

I went to AT&T and test out the G3, M8 and SG5 and I know I picked the best one. As far as specs go the G3 has more of the best specs out of the three phones I was looking at. I don't feel I missed out on another phone simply because one has SAMOLED or dual speakers, in fact the G3 sounded the same if not louder than the M8. I did wait the 14 days to root my phone but once that was over and there was no major flaws I rooted it and started tinkering. I was actually happy with my LG NITRO for 3 years but since the government is making it a LAW in 2015 that we can NOT root our devices then I figured to get the best of 2014.

Your government is srsly doing that? What are they afraid of? People using orbot with superuser?

Lovely rights you guys have in America xD

Posted via my 1+ or the G3.