Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default G3 screen brightness...

    Is it ok, on black screen at full brightness, to have bottom lighter than rest of the screen? If picture needed, I'll try to post it. Thanks.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    Are you talking about screen burn-in?

    I would think it's ok since LG made it an option.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

    - MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    It just look like light from beyond the screen (this sounds like star trek quote)
  4. #4  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    Screenshot may be useful :-)

    Posted via the Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    Will do in couple of minutes
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...


    Best I could. My G2 left and my G3 right. Does G3 look ok?
    100% brightness, and black full scteen test.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    I don't understand how you did the test. Give instructions and I'll have a go with mine and let you know what I see.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    Just set full brightness, and downloaded app called fullscreen display test. Thays all. Lg G3 is one on the right.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    I don't understand how you did the test. Give instructions and I'll have a go with mine and let you know what I see.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Full brightness plus app called fullscreen display test. Black.
    How my g3 looks to you? Is it bad device?
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuuq View Post
    Full brightness plus app called fullscreen display test. Black.
    How my g3 looks to you? Is it bad device?
    I couldn't download the app you recommended because I got 'Error 941' so I tried it with another. At 100% brightness and black screen I couldn't see anything unusual....no anomalous colours or variation in brightness across the screen. Looking at the image that you sent, yours does seem to be uneven but what is it like in normal use? Do you find that this is troublesome when viewing videos, photos, text etc?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    I couldn't download the app you recommended because I got 'Error 941' so I tried it with another. At 100% brightness and black screen I couldn't see anything unusual....no anomalous colours or variation in brightness across the screen. Looking at the image that you sent, yours does seem to be uneven but what is it like in normal use? Do you find that this is troublesome when viewing videos, photos, text etc?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Well, not really. I have this thing where I tend to look for the issue until I find it. I had this kind of screen on Nexus 5, htc one, g2, all of them had this till some degree...
    This is not an issue for normal use. I just wanted to know is this common, so I can be calm. Do not know it these things could mean that screen will die.
    That's all. Thanks mate.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    Please can I have some more opinions. I know that all of this sounds stupid, but I want to have it right for my money. So is this common in this screens?
    Sorry and thanks.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    this phone is not good to use in a hot open field cos u have to adjust the brightness (make it dimmer), but then if it's dim you can not see properly. It overheats & needs to cool down, I think it was tested in a cool & closed area
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  14. #14  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuuq View Post
    Well, not really. I have this thing where I tend to look for the issue until I find it. I had this kind of screen on Nexus 5, htc one, g2, all of them had this till some degree...
    This is not an issue for normal use. I just wanted to know is this common, so I can be calm. Do not know it these things could mean that screen will die.
    That's all. Thanks mate.
    Light bleed at the edge or corners of an LCD panel is common, some panels may have more while others might have less or maybe none. In any kind of mass production, products will be produced within acceptable tolerances. If you were to test many different G3 panels you would probably see varying results. Does this mean you have a bad panel? No I don't think so. Could you return it and get one that's better? Yes maybe or you could get one that's worse. No need to worry about it if it does not affect your day to day use. How many times are you going to use your phone on 100% brightness with a completely black screen anyway? If the phone works well in all other respects and the light bleed does not affect normal use, don't worry about it. It won't harm the panel and is a normal side effect of the backlighting.
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: G3 screen brightness...

    Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    Light bleed at the edge or corners of an LCD panel is common, some panels may have more while others might have less or maybe none. In any kind of mass production, products will be produced within acceptable tolerances. If you were to test many different G3 panels you would probably see varying results. Does this mean you have a bad panel? No I don't think so. Could you return it and get one that's better? Yes maybe or you could get one that's worse. No need to worry about it if it does not affect your day to day use. How many times are you going to use your phone on 100% brightness with a completely black screen anyway? If the phone works well in all other respects and the light bleed does not affect normal use, don't worry about it. It won't harm the panel and is a normal side effect of the backlighting.
    Thanks, that's what I needed... Thanks a lot. Cheers.
    PS love this phone.

Similar Threads

  1. my device restart when turn screen off (gt-i9505)
    By AhmedHa in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 12:19 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 03:38 PM
  3. LG G3 : Link ringer and notification
    By artofdesign in forum LG G3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 03:14 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 02:19 PM
  5. HTC One X Screen Broken Cant Connect to PC as Storage Device
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions