Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hangouts issue

Hey guys whenever I send a portrait picture over MMS or Hangous messaging, Hangouts tends to rotate my picture to landscape.

Uninstalled the most recent update and all is fine, no problem what so ever. Installed the newest update again just to be sure and it was a fail.

I checked my buddies Note 3 and it functions fine and so does the Moto X.

Thoughts on the issue?

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk
    Your neighborhood tech enthusiast

Default Re: Hangouts issue

I've had the same issue with my G3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Me: Motorola Droid Bionic - Rooted | Wife: Motorola Droid X - Update Broke Root
    Son: Motorola Droid 4 - Stock | Daughter: Motorola Droid 2 - Rooted

Global Posts
    9,143 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by vahdyx View Post
    Hey guys whenever I send a portrait picture over MMS or Hangous messaging, Hangouts tends to rotate my picture to landscape.

Uninstalled the most recent update and all is fine, no problem what so ever. Installed the newest update again just to be sure and it was a fail.

I checked my buddies Note 3 and it functions fine and so does the Moto X.

Thoughts on the issue?

Looks like it's a known issue and it's being worked on: https://productforums.google.com/for...ts/5FKCFGr-UdY

I took a quick look through that post and didn't find anything that would indicate a workaround or temporary fix. Also, it doesn't seem to be an issue for any one device, which is odd. Does the issue happen if you use a third-party messaging app, such as Handcent or Chomp? Hopefully it's fixed soon.

I only use hangouts, so I couldn't tell you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Me: Motorola Droid Bionic - Rooted | Wife: Motorola Droid X - Update Broke Root
    Son: Motorola Droid 4 - Stock | Daughter: Motorola Droid 2 - Rooted

Same issue here using G3. I've noticed that it has only done it to me when I choose the picture through the hangouts app. If you go into gallery and share it with hangouts, it doesn't seem to rotate it then. Weird.
    Thanked by:

Yeah it is a hangouts issue, I have noticed this from day one when I got the phone. At first I thought it was because of how high the resolution was with the picture but then I found out that it was just a glitch.
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I ended up switching to stock SMS for a bit but wasn't completely happy with it. So I ended up using HelloSMS and things are fine. I saw srkmagnus' comment and decided to try Chomp SMS and it seems to be fine without issues as well.

I'm gonna assume its a Hangouts thing. Especially since when I roll it back to previous version it works just fine.

Your neighborhood tech enthusiast

It's an LG and Hangouts thing I'm assuming. I just came from the Galaxy S5 and this was not an issue at all. I'm not sure why it does it. Considering my file sizes are smaller then the S5's. I thought that had an effect.