Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By RHChan84
  • 3 Post By BBSeattle
  • 2 Post By Duncan1982
  • 3 Post By belodion
  • 2 Post By BBSeattle
  • 1 Post By BBSeattle
  • 1 Post By xocomaox
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Which is better for recording videos? Specifically makeup videos for youtube?
    g3 vs canon rebel t5i
    Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    31,611 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: G3 vs DSLR

I am sure the G3 takes some pretty good videos, but probably nothing like the DSLR would.

T5i because its a bigger sensor and it will be better in low light.

Sent from my VZW LG G3 (tapatalk)
    FastKatt likes this.

When it comes down to it, it's still a phone camera. I don't know of any beauty gurus who have quality videos from a cell phone camera.

DSLRs have larger lenses, apertures and sensors... They'll always take better pictures and videos as a result... Unless it's a total piece of junk.

Not trying to be a smart*** but you have a Rebel t5i and can't tell the difference? If you can't, then I guess it doesn't matter.
    Aglet, ultravisitor and dsfarag like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    Not trying to be a smart*** but you have a Rebel t5i and can't tell the difference? If you can't, then I guess it doesn't matter.
    Its only logical lol what a reply and must say one that I perhaps would have said hmmm lol

BBSeattle and Aglet like this.

Great pics and video with g3 but they will never come near to dslr

Posted via Android Central App

OP: Pay no attention to them...the G3 will produce far higher quality videos than the Canon SLR easily and effortlessly any day of the week, if you smear axle grease on the Canon's lens first.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Ha! Axle grease if it's an Apple product; gear oil for Android.....

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    OP: Pay no attention to them...the G3 will produce far higher quality videos than the Canon SLR easily and effortlessly any day of the week, if you smear axle grease on the Canon's lens first.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

akira751 and belodion like this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I WANT the rebel t5i but my husband swears up and down that my phone will do the job better

The added word "want" changes the entire complexity of your query....
    Get the t5i, it is a much better camera/video recorder than any phone could hope to be.
    But I understand your husband not wanting to spend the money as well........

Quote Originally Posted by dankydanky View Post
    I WANT the rebel t5i but my husband swears up and down that my phone will do the job better

Yes, all now becomes clear. There we were thinking you must be some sort of i.d.i.o.t. to ask such a thing. Your husband will not be pleased with us for our answers, but we've only given our honest and unbiased opinions!😇

Don't take this the wrong way, but your husband is a moron. 😉
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I purposely asked on here to show him that i was right. (dslr better than g3) and he still thinks the g3 is better

I have both; I have nothing to gain or lose with my response. The Canon hands down.

I purposely asked on here to show him that i was right. (dslr better than g3) and he still thinks the g3 is better

dankydanky likes this.

No, he doesn't... he just doesn't want to drop the cash on the DSLR. Deny, deny.... don't change your story and own it.

It's a simple matter of optics. Cameras are all about light. The more light, the better the picture. That Canon has a sensor size of 25.1 x 16.7 mm... the Sony-sourced sensor in the G3 is 4.8 x 3.6mm... meaning that the Canon's sensor has nearly 20 times the area to soak in photons.

I forget the site that had it, but they did a straight up comparison where they pitted the best cameras in phones against a consumer DSLR... they used a professional photographer to take the same pictures... the difference in quality was amazing. It wasn't that phone cameras couldn't take decent pics... many were quite good, but the increased level of detail and richness in the DSLR pics was pretty striking. You had to zoom WAAAAAAAY in on the DSLR pics before you started to get noise and pixelization.... the phone camera's quality broke down fairly quickly.... and the gap between them widened even faster the darker the subject matter got.

So your husband can claim anything he wants, but he's wrong.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

He doesnt care about the cash. He wants me to get the new panasonic g4. I simply asked for the rebel t5i. Not something that costs almost 2k and thats not including the lens.

Panasonic GH4 is great. But what do you plan to shoot? It's best if you plan around your project. Like for YouTube vlogs 1080p. A lot of cameras can handle this. Still, you need to care about sound and workflow. You can use the phone as a B camera but not good idea as A camera

He doesnt care about the cash. He wants me to get the new panasonic g4. I simply asked for the rebel t5i. Not something that costs almost 2k and thats not including the lens.

OH.... he's going the OTHER way! He wants the more expensive camera, so he's crapping on the Canon.

That Rebel still takes better pictures than the G3.

What are you currently using to record your makeup videos?
    mvp4him3 likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Sony nex f3

Which is better for recording videos? Specifically makeup videos for youtube?
    g3 vs canon rebel t5i
    Are you kidding? Trolling???

The DSLR will have better image quality and low light performance, etc.....
    I can't think of any reason to use the G3, except you can post directly from the G3 to youtube.

For purposes to post on Youtube I don't think the viewers would notice that much difference to make spending the money on a new DSLR camera worth it. The Sony nex f3 can take very good Youtube videos.

You would be better off spending money on a real good video production software.

Your husband is right about the Panasonic GH4 being better than the Canon T5i but almost 3 times the cost

Facts:
    Advantages of the Panasonic DMC-GH4
    Higher resolution movies 3840 x 2160 @ 30fps vs 1080p @ 30fps>>> Shoots higher resolution standard resolution video
    Weather sealed Yes vs No >>>> Sealed to shoot in the rain
    Better image quality 74.0 vs 61.0 >>>>More than 20% better image quality
    More focus points 49 vs 9 >>>Set focus accurately within the frame

Phone cameras can not compare to a DSLR or mirror-less camera like the sony a6000