Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mhunter6378
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 Choice!

I think I will be going with the g3 for my birthday instead of a galaxy s5! The only negative about the g3 for me is the Water Resistance. But everything else the g3 beats it. I was wandering is the battery life great? I go to school 8 hours a day and my iPhone goes dead before the 4th hour with barely any use!! Could I wireless charge my G3 with qi?

Default Re: LG G3 Choice!

I think you are making a good choice. wireless charging as far as wireless charging, yes. The ability is there but if you live in the u.s you have to slightly modified to take advantage of it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

You're making a good choice. As far as battery life I work 10am to 9pm and I'm streaming Pandora 75% of the time on breaks I'm on fb or tapatalk and when I get home I've still got 40-50% battery life.

Battery life is very decent as for input to should you buy the G3...

This is going on my personal experience its not flawless...you may encounter issues but be fortunate enough to avoid all.

Its like any product and more prevalent in massed produced items..there will be defective ones.

But as for all the main points discussed here at AC (touch wood) I haven't experienced what has been mentioned.

I do have a buggy auxiliary connection that if its knocked it will skip,pause or throw up voicemate, so there is my flaw and its becoming very annoying (can't place phone in pocket and have to carry in hand).

But that aside my experience of the G3 has been positive..

I would say give it a try...you have a 14 day window right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G3 Choice!-1409601700716.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Battery life is very decent as for input to should you buy the G3...

This is going on my personal experience its not flawless...you may encounter issues but be fortunate enough to avoid all.

Its like any product and more prevalent in massed produced items..there will be defective ones.

But as for all the main points discussed here at AC (touch wood) I haven't experienced what has been mentioned.

I do have a buggy auxiliary connection that if its knocked it will skip,pause or throw up voicemate, so there is my flaw and its becoming very annoying (can't place phone in pocket and have to carry in hand).

But that aside my experience of the G3 has been positive..

I would say give it a try...you have a 14 day window right?
    Yep. 14 day window.

I came from a Note 3 to the G3 the signal is far better than the Note. Places the Note would totally drop calls the G3 wouldn't even break up. It wasn't perfect though. I like to hook it up to my parents TV when I visit and show movies or YouTube videos. It kept cutting on and off and made it in watchable and that was with the LG connector. Also, it froze up on Face Book a few times. Battery life was decent. Not as good as the Note 3 but not much is. I was also around 40% after a 12 hr day at work. I loved it but returned it due to HDMI out not working. Back to a boring ole iPhone for now.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

From what I heard the g3 battery life is not near as good as the S5 and that's a huge turnoff. :/

Quote Originally Posted by CamDroid8 View Post
    From what I heard the g3 battery life is not near as good as the S5 and that's a huge turnoff. :/
    That's not necessarily true. I have both and for me the G3 battery life is far better than my S5, especially in standby. It really depends how you use it that makes the difference.
    Thanked by:
    llfloyd79, MC_A_DOT and CamDroid8 like this.

Dude, no way. My G3s battery is comparable to the note 3 I previously owned. Had an S5 for a bit and the battery is good but not as

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    That's not necessarily true. I have both and for me the G3 battery life is far better than my S5, especially in standby. It really depends how you use it that makes the difference.
    This +1

Posted via my 1+ or the G3.

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    I second this comment.

By the end of my working day plus gym I have at least 60-70% battery on my G3 (taken off charge at 7am and get home around 8.30-9pm)

Good choice I'm a repair tech and see lots of s5's in over any other besides s4s lol enjoy the new phone

Quote Originally Posted by Keepinitdroid View Post
    Good choice I'm a repair tech and see lots of s5's in over any other besides s4s lol enjoy the new phone
    A repair tech! Wonderful...you're in a position to tell us more, so tell us more. Do you work on all makes of phone? Do you work on Windows and Apples as well?

Posted via Android Central App

I was wandering is the battery life great? I go to school 8 hours a day and my iPhone goes dead before the 4th hour with barely any use!! Could I wireless charge my G3 with qi?
    Yes on the Qi.... but depending on the model, you'll need to order a Qi-capable backplate.

Take any battery recommendations with a grain of salt.... everyone uses their phones differently, and that causes their experiences to be all over the map. But unless you have your phone on that entire time (which you shouldn't be, you ARE at school... ) you'll get a full day out of the phone. Firstly, unless you got some hamfisted applications running, the G3 does a pretty good job in standby... and as far as on-screen time, it'll vary from 4 to 6+ hours before the tank is dry.
    Thanked by:

I have to say, since we're all comparing, the G3 battery is much better than my Z10. Haha!

T-Mobile G3

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by idon12no View Post
    I have to say, since we're all comparing, the G3 battery is much better than my Z10. Haha!

T-Mobile G3
    Duuh

Posted by my G3 or my 1+