The LG G3 has arrived :-)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Like many people now living in this country and others like it, I've never known serious pain, hunger, thirst, disease, war, political oppression, natural disasters, poverty. I almost feel ashamed of it. Look at the realities of life for almost all people in the past, most people living today, and the whole of the rest of the animal kingdom, and you wonder what the large man in the sky thinks of you as you sit fiddling with your toys.

Posted via Android Central App

Well said dude... My point in this was to highlight what you have politely added and to say that whilst a debate is a great thing and a bit of humour.

When we attack and discredit whatever phone at the old saying end of the day...

We are all lucky whether we have a G3 or S5 or HTC one M8 ect..

The world has indeed gone well a bit mad. perhaps that is an understatement..

We now have to work random number 10x harder to afford this tech and future tech..

And yes a lot political nonsense (would like to use another word but can't) and it needs to change...

So the poorest can enjoy food in bellies and a home as the main objective and human right, and yes perhaps a G3 or M8 or whatever :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: We are all lucky....

If its coming across as I'm insinuating we are not grateful.....my apologies....that's not the intended purpose...

Rather that its a great time for tech and its unfortunate for some that they can't enjoy..

But I'm dam sure the last thing the less fortunate are thinking of is a G3 or Z2.

Mods if you feel this is inappropriate you can delete....

I again just thinking out loud....my apologies.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You may have started a more important thread than you intended. I agreed so much with blackdog and felt so strongly about the more serious issues that I just automatically disregarded your attempt to steer back on-topic in your second post. Some things just have to be said. But I apologise.

(On a lighter note, and still on the theme of lucky to be able to experience such things, check my note about steam trains in...oh, one of your other threads. Exciting stuff, eh?)

Edit. I see you already have.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Wow. Good post. That's one of the things I keep trying to teach to my kid and friends. How lucky they are. Not to feel guilty or ashamed, just conscious. Living in the lucky part of our time comes with big risks: having a ghetto mentality and considering that they are there just because they deserved it.

They must learn how wide and unfair the world is and they have to understand the cruelty and the roots of inequality. It's very easy for them just to became spoiled brats demanding a shinier gadget and missing the important point of ... well ... how lucky they are.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

(I told you it was a good post Duncan. Reading it again I realise my first post may have been misconstrued by you...I've added an Edit because I didn't mean it personally but it could have read like that! I was actually thinking of myself playing with my phone.)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes its important in a world full of corruption & greed that we all see the importance of how fortunate we actually are.

We here at AC do a good job at helping each other, should we have any issue's.

But to go beyond this, if you have a neighbour who needs their grass cut, bit of plumbing done, or just to have some milk or baby food ect if the world and people open their eyes they would see the Evil that is Governments America & Britain. We need to help each other more & not buy into media pushed racism as its not gone as claimed..its as prevalent as ever. We need to believe I'm humanity and believe we can change this..

I have a question that spins every single day, if the vast majority know that our Governments are corrupt then my question is What are we waiting for?

As governments will never be about the people and for the people ...

So yeh we right now are lucky to have what we do....

And how about this if you do a favour for someone don't ask for a financial reward, just ask that they do something for someone when that time comes.

Money doesn't make the world spin (its man made) love, respect & compassion does..

Cheers wasn't aiming for political but I do care about this here earth, not just for myself but for my children...

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, I feel lucky that I bought the G3 and not the M8

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes its important in a world full of corruption & greed that we all see the importance of how fortunate we actually are.

We here at AC do a good job at helping each other, should we have any issue's.

But to go beyond this, if you have a neighbour who needs their grass cut, bit of plumbing done, or just to have some milk or baby food ect if the world and people open their eyes they would see the Evil that is Governments America & Britain. We need to help each other more & not buy into media pushed racism as its not gone as claimed..its as prevalent as ever. We need to believe I'm humanity and believe we can change this..

I have a question that spins every single day, if the vast majority know that our Governments are corrupt then my question is What are we waiting for?

As governments will never be about the people and for the people ...

So yeh we right now are lucky to have what we do....

And how about this if you do a favour for someone don't ask for a financial reward, just ask that they do something for someone when that time comes.

Money doesn't make the world spin (its man made) love, respect & compassion does..

Cheers wasn't aiming for political but I do care about this here earth, not just for myself but for my children...

Yes or No? :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It is a dog eat dog world

That may be true, but if so, why does it trouble us? After all, we're a part of that world. Why should we have a sense of the wrongness of it all?

In the same way that fish live in water, but they don't complain about feeling wet....they're not even aware of wetness.

Last edited:

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Android L Boot Animation..

My mess around & tweak for tonight was to install the Android L shutdown & boot animation on my G3...

Pleased to tell you all it works and looks good :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So for those who like to root what is your modifications?

Mine are in no particular order...

1)Circle battery icon with percentage.

2)Centre Clock

3) Android L boot&shutdown animations

4)DPI set to 570

5)Performance tweaks through tweakbox

6)HTC Enhanced toggles

7)Blurred Notification area

8)App opps starter disabled fb permissions.

9)Volume boost & vibe control.

10)More options in power bar... shortcut to Screenshot and torch.

I'm sure there are one or two more..

For me this makes the G3 a little bit more personal and hence why I like to root..

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm reminded of Inspector Grimm's famous "It's my a**e on the line, so I don't want a steaming great c*ck-up". I wouldn't care to try rooting my G3 but you are obviously made of braver stuff. No.4 however is making me reconsider....could you tell us more about how that feature compares with stock? If that's not taking it off-topic?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Root Modifications

I'm reminded of Inspector Grimm's famous "It's my a**e on the line, so I don't want a steaming great c*ck-up". I wouldn't care to try rooting my G3 but you are obviously made of braver stuff. No.4 however is making me reconsider....could you tell us more about how that feature compares with stock? If that's not taking it off-topic?

Rooting itself is neither tricky or dangerous, its rather what you can do after that may get you in a bit of trouble.

If you stick to modules like G3 tweakbox (which offers a lot) greenify etc you'll be just fine.

Changing the DPI is brilliant, it fits more into the screen and makes the G3 more grown up and mature so to speak lol

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Root Modifications

When I said, If that's not taking it off topic, I didn't mean it sarcastically although it reads like that. I'm getting paranoid.

It's time I had a go at rooting, I imagine the things you could do and the freedom to configure your phone just how you want it must be fascinating stuff. For some time I've been thinking of buying a used device and doing it with that and I think that would be the best way for the time being considering I'd be a novice.

I hope I'm not taking the thread off topic. D'OH!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781