Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone manage to get MMS working on Hangouts/T-Mobile Wifi Calling?

I noticed yesterday that MMS messages weren't making it inbound if I had Hangouts as my default SMS app and Wi-Fi Calling is on (T-Mobile). The default messaging app was cool though, it worked.

Now, there's a lot of noise related to SMS&MMS/Hangouts/Wi-Fi Calling, related to issues with Hangouts back a year ago where it was having problems with everything.... but I did manage to find someone who modified their APN, but those settings just completely broke SMS/MMS no matter what I was connected to/with.

Anyone know of an updated workaround/fix that isn't so stale?

Default Re: Anyone manage to get MMS working on Hangouts/T-Mobile Wifi Calling?

Chomp SMS has an option in settings that explicitly says It's so your MMS will work with T-Mobile wifi calling. Have you dug through all the Hangouts settings to make sure you're not overlooking something similar?

T-Mobile G3

Quote Originally Posted by idon12no View Post
    Chomp SMS has an option in settings that explicitly says It's so your MMS will work with T-Mobile wifi calling. Have you dug through all the Hangouts settings to make sure you're not overlooking something similar?

T-Mobile G3
    All chomp does is disable the wifi.. Send it via mobile.. Then re-enable the wifi.

The reason for this is due to T-Mobile not releasing the information devs need to have MMS work via WiFi calling. This is why only the stock app will send over WiFi calling.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah.. I was hoping that out of all the 'third party' messaging apps, Google's Hangouts would have the WiFi calling stuff built in... I'll take another look, but I'm guessing I'm SOL.