IFA-2014 and Motorola event

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello all LG3 owners, I've been scanning through the forums and most of you seem to love your phone. I was just wondering if anyone is going to be watching these events with the mindset that I may switch to one of these phones.

With Samsung, Sony, and Motorola set to unveil new products is anyone even considering possibly switching? If you are, what is it that your lg g3 doesn't do that you'd like to see a phone that's unveiled this week do?

Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Sony Z3. Besides a spec bump and softening the edges with curves. I don't see the anything to get excited about. After the Buzz, I thought the display was pale, like the M8 it was too tall and UI was lacking in features.

Samsung. Note 4, while impressive it's just too big. Before all these Phablets became popular the Note series used to be my favorite.

Motorola. The last time I owned one was the RAZR flip. I wanted to try the moto X but I'm a spec boy. The 720P is not my cup of tea. This is the only company I'm keeping my eye on for the rest of 2014 especially when Google announces the next nexus.

tapatalk LG pro D852

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an LG but I am hoping that OEMs like LG, Sony, and Moto can come up with new and exciting things to give people a choice in what kind of device they would like.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Its sure going to throw up a few nice bits if tech..

As to which I'm keeping my eye on is the Note 4 and the wearables .....

Money is something I'm lacking so it will be out of interest rather than looking to purchase.

But hey I'm doing OK I have my G3 and Z2 so perhaps next year and see what the G4 has to offer :)

Posted via the Android Central App

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Currently using an iPhone and I used the G3 in a tmobile store and liked a lot but I'm considering the G3, the note 4, and the z3 compact if it comes to tmobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm certainly not considering switching but that won't stop me following developments of other devices and wanting to own them alongside the three I've got already. Common sense won't stop me buying more. A lack of pound notes is a different matter.

Posted via Android Central App

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait! In the midst of phone fever and I'm using the g3 with a opo on the way. Been really eyeing the z2 so if the z3 is better with smaller bezels and maybe not an insane price, that's what I Want. I'll be keeping an eye on the new moto x as well but i wasn't too excited about the last one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a droid maxx and only having my g3 for a week tomorrow, I would consider switching back to Motorola.

I love my display on the g3. The processor and ram is snappy. The plethora of accessories for this non carrier exclusive device are a bonus. The battery is good but not great. But after discovering it has quick charge 2.0 my opinion is changing a little regarding the battery.

I miss assist. I miss active notifications. I miss gestures like quick capture.

Most importantly of all, I miss the radio of a motorola phone. I was at a relatives house over labor day weekend. It's in the boonies. Where I normally would get 2-3 bars of 4g, I was sticking on lots of 1x. Don't get me wrong. The maxx sometimes needs a nudge with lteoffon to get the radio locked on or it may take a bit to change. But the g3 was very lackluster regarding this. I've found no way to force lte on it either.

It just seemed like every time I took my phone out it was at 1x and I could barely get it to latch on to 4g. The only reason why it was a issue was their dsl only runs at 0.7mbps due to old phone lines needing repair...

Now I haven't even used my phone long enough to consider switching. Maybe my opinion will change. I haven't got many chances to use the camera which could win me over. But it's very annoying to take a screen shot on this phone that's for sure.

Maybe adding a lg g watch will soothe my longings for active display?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Don't have a G3 either, but like others I am also watching out for what Moto does tomorrow. The Z3 and Note 4 looked great, but I really liked what Moto did with the X and G devices. If I do upgrade anytime soon, it will likely be to the X+1.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a droid maxx and only having my g3 for a week tomorrow, I would consider switching back to Motorola.

I love my display on the g3. The processor and ram is snappy. The plethora of accessories for this non carrier exclusive device are a bonus. The battery is good but not great. But after discovering it has quick charge 2.0 my opinion is changing a little regarding the battery.

I miss assist. I miss active notifications. I miss gestures like quick capture.

Most importantly of all, I miss the radio of a motorola phone. I was at a relatives house over labor day weekend. It's in the boonies. Where I normally would get 2-3 bars of 4g, I was sticking on lots of 1x. Don't get me wrong. The maxx sometimes needs a nudge with lteoffon to get the radio locked on or it may take a bit to change. But the g3 was very lackluster regarding this. I've found no way to force lte on it either.

It just seemed like every time I took my phone out it was at 1x and I could barely get it to latch on to 4g. The only reason why it was a issue was their dsl only runs at 0.7mbps due to old phone lines needing repair...

Now I haven't even used my phone long enough to consider switching. Maybe my opinion will change. I haven't got many chances to use the camera which could win me over. But it's very annoying to take a screen shot on this phone that's for sure.

Maybe adding a lg g watch will soothe my longings for active display?

The screen shot is really easy if you use the note app. Swipe finger up and right from bottom of screen. Stop on icon on the right. It'll ask where you want the screen shot saved to. Bam. Done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2