We need an extended life battery.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm not in a horrible reception and I spent 10 minutes on it and battery was at 24%. I've covered the basics and all seems fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 4955.jpg
    4955.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 153

markwest1

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I charge my G3 once ever 2-3 days. Extremely happy with the battery life. On my previous device (HTC One M7) I was lucky to get through one day, especially with WIFI turned on.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
What are you doing with your phone? Ive been using fairly heavily today and I am at 42%.

Posted via my LG G3

Lol it sits in my pocket. All extras are off and I checked to see if an app was responsible for the drain, but I didn't find one.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm waiting for the extended battery for my phone.

I seem to remember posting a link similar to daddyd302's about a ZeroLemon battery, and I thought that was in one of your earlier threads, could be mistaken....but is this the one you're waiting for?

However you shouldn't have to depend on an extended capacity battery to be able to use your phone. If as you say you've done all the normal checks and battery life is still bad, a finger is pointed, if not at, then at least in the direction of, the battery. Would not a new normal battery be an option?

Posted via Android Central App

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am sorry to hear you are having battery issues with your LG handset. Can you pls tell me what carrier, model and software version you are currently using?^MA

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not in a horrible reception and I spent 10 minutes on it and battery was at 24%. I've covered the basics and all seems fine.

Something is wrong.
You need to see what is draining your battery.
I can go all day away from a charger and never hit 24%.

What widgets do you have updating?

Try using the Qualcom Battery Guru.
It will take a week to see the apps you run, then you can decide how to let them update.

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I found swapping out my SD card improved the battery performance.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g3/430464-my-lg-g3-battery-drain-cure.html#post3859307
However using the phone constantly with the screen on 50% or more will still drain the battery more than I would like. I hope they come up with a thicker battery for this phone with the appropriate back cover like they did my old Galaxy S3 which gave it twice the battery life. Then I would not look twice at another type phone be it GN4 or iPhone 6. I already have two extra batteries but a single more powerful battery is what I now want, I don't care about the phone being a bit thicker.

Lapse

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I find that gps combined with a bright screen uses up a lot of battery. I'm pleased with my extra battery, and now just pop it in if I'm getting low at the end of the day. I'd rather do that than weight down the phone with a heavier battery that wouldn't work with my case.

Posted via Android Central App

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why I should complain. I turned on my G3 about 9AM and here it is 11PM with 70% left. Screen was at 30%, I downloaded a full movie, made a few calls. I'm not a phone junkie and that's a good thing with this phone. Guess I should be satisfied. What you say about the screen and GPS is what the GSAM battery monitor is telling me about the most battery drain so I should mention I also turned off my GPS for most of the day. I also use the Battery Doctor app. Wow...70% though, really.
I still want a bigger battery though. I do not want to make any sacrifices for longer life and I want more than a days worth of heavy use, like I had with my GS3 with the bigger battery.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon