Rooted and now there is lag

sbeil

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok what happened? I installed xposed and tweaksbox and now when I hit home or click an app it takes a second to react. Mostly when hitting the home button the nav bar will turn white and then finally go to the home screen.

Last edited:

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's not lag, there's a delay in there somewhere... it's waiting for a double tap or something, so it doesn't jump right in. There has to be a setting or toggle somewhere to stop it from waiting around for something to happen. I've been fumbling about trying to eliminate the same thing.... I'll find it... oh yes...

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
FOUND IT! :)

DUH! Not sure how I missed it... Theme Tweaks-Navigation Bar-Action on Home Double Tap (under Action Buttons section). If it's anything other than 'Stock', it holds for a second while it waits to see if you double tap. There is no stock assignment, so no need to pause.

sbeil

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't have this turned on but still have the pause. I HATE it and don't know how to UNROOT my phone. My phone had zero lag.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
No idea what you're talking about. Try defaulting everything and uninstalling the applications.

Even if you unroot now it will not change anything. Simply rooting does nothing, but one of those apps altered something. The only way to fix it is specifically undo what you've done or flash back to stock stock.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall Xposed and reboot..... the phone isn't lagging.... something is holding back the operation while it waits for a long press/double click. Gaining root access won't introduce lag.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Uninstalled xposed. Seems too have helped last but it appears tweaksbox won't work without it?

Well, it can't... it needs the Xposed framework loaded to function. But you've established a baseline... a setting in the Tweakbox module is causing that delay. Enable Xposed and TB again.... reboot. Now go into that setting I mentioned earlier and check if it is set to 'Stock'. Either the double tap setting or the long press setting on the home button is set to something that is causing the OS to wait for a timeout before doing its thing. Make sure both are set to 'stock', if they aren't, change it to stock and reboot.

Like I said, I just fixed the exact same thing.. I had double tap home to put my phone to sleep.... the stock value is nothing, so it shouldn't wait on you. Other than that, I can't think of another setting in there that will fuss with the buttons.