Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Group messages

How do I un-link messages that I send in a group so 1 recipients response doesn't go to everyone I sent original message to?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Group messages

I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one with the problem in my original question...... Anybody else????

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

For new messages, why not just send out a single text to that person in response to older message?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm a little bit confused with you're reply

I do what Ja said, I just send a fresh text message to whoever I want to contact from the group

T-Mobile G3

Quote Originally Posted by Capt19 View Post
    How do I un-link messages that I send in a group so 1 recipients response doesn't go to everyone I sent original message to?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    From within the group message thread you can tap on the circular icon representing the group participant that you want to respond to separately, then you will be presented with several options to contact that person (call, message, etc), just pick what you want to do from those options.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm sorry I'm being so slow and difficult about what probably is a simple deal but maybe I'm not sure I know the right question. Let's go this route : what exactly does the little symbol that looks like a pair of links from a chain in the bottom right corner of the message bubble mean?

I'm sorry I'm being so slow and difficult about what probably is a simple deal but maybe I'm not sure I know the right question. Let's go this route : what exactly does the little symbol that looks like a pair of links from a chain in the bottom right corner of the message bubble mean?
    That's Text Link - here's a video for the G2 that explains the function
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for all your help in this matter, just one more thing : I sent a group text over the Labor Day weekend and my mother - in-law sent me a text asking why one of my co-workers answered my text through her phone. This, I don't believe, ever happened with my previous phone, an htc. Any help on this one?

Thanks for all your help in this matter, just one more thing : I sent a group text over the Labor Day weekend and my mother - in-law sent me a text asking why one of my co-workers answered my text through her phone. This, I don't believe, ever happened with my previous phone, an htc. Any help on this one?
    My only guess would be if the co-worker and your mother in law were both in the group that you sent the original message to - anyone in the group that responded to the group - everyone in the group would get the response.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thank You! That makes sense but I'm wondering why it never happened with my other devices. Thank You again!

Thank You! That makes sense but I'm wondering why it never happened with my other devices. Thank You again!
    With "true" group messaging that's the way it is suppose to work. Some other devices may only let you send a message to multiple recipients. In that case, while you send out one message to several people they reply individually to you and not a group.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

You da man, mhunter6378! That's exactly the way it was on my other device. Thanks Again you've been a great help and support.