Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By idon12no
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Possible Solution for LG G3 Blue Pictures

I'm an Android noob, so bare with me if this is a common Knowledge type of thing.

I downloaded Picsart to have some extra picture editing options, and it turns out you can use settings before you take the pictures as well.

I was in a restaurant for breakfast, there was soft 8 AM lighting coming through the windows, and the house lighting was soft as well. I noticed a blue hue to the pictures I was taking. Fiddling with Picsart, I noticed it had a camera app as well. The setAttachment 135312tings section in this camera app has a setting for white balance. I set it on incandescent, and I think these two pictures can do the rest of my speaking for me.

T-Mobile G3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possible Solution for LG G3 Blue Pictures-1409841300474.jpg   Possible Solution for LG G3 Blue Pictures-20140904_073409.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:

Default re: Possible Solution for LG G3 Blue Pictures

A great improvement, thanks for the tip about the app.

I was wondering where you were in the photo, until I realised that you would have been taking the photo with the phone. Doh!

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yup yup. That's me behind the camera

T-Mobile G3
    Thanked by:
    belodion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by idon12no View Post
    Yup yup. That's me behind the camera

T-Mobile G3
    Are you sure? Lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Hai thanks for the tip! It really made a difference. Im wondering, does the picture size/quality change if you use picsart??
    Also about the macro option in the lg standard camera. If you take mutiple pictures why can i not change other pictures focus only the one i recently took? Is that standard or do i need to turn something on? Thanks in advance

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I figured that one of you out there who really knows about photography might be interested in this info. This is the difference between the two shots, the manual one being the Picsart photo.

T-Mobile G3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Possible Solution for LG G3 Blue Pictures-quickmemo-_2014-09-04-14-19-34-2.jpg   Possible Solution for LG G3 Blue Pictures-quickmemo-_2014-09-04-14-20-15-2.jpg  

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts

I'm an Android noob, so bare with me if this is a common Knowledge type of thing.

I downloaded Picsart to have some extra picture editing options, and it turns out you can use settings before you take the pictures as well.

I was in a restaurant for breakfast, there was soft 8 AM lighting coming through the windows, and the house lighting was soft as well. I noticed a blue hue to the pictures I was taking. Fiddling with Picsart, I noticed it had a camera app as well. The setAttachment 135312tings section in this camera app has a setting for white balance. I set it on incandescent, and I think these two pictures can do the rest of my speaking for me.

T-Mobile G3
    You sure you do not have the pictures switched accidently? I tried the app and the setting you mentioned (incandescent). They come out with same blue hue as your photo. Stock app comes out MUCH better (like your better photo).
    g1 / Galaxy S / Thunderbolt / Bionic / Rezound / Razr Maxx / Galaxy Nexus (only 4 hours)/ S3 / Note 2 / S4 / Note 3 sweetness / Iphone 5s (had to try) / LG3 (it might be love but will a Note 4 break us up?) /IP6P / Note 4 (it broke the LG3's heart)

I figured that one of you out there who really knows about photography might be interested in this info. This is the difference between the two shots, the manual one being the Picsart photo.

T-Mobile G3
    Ooh so it does crop in Picsart. Thanks for the screens

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Maybe "low light" is too broad a term. The pictures I took weren't night time low light, they were early morning low light. Everything was soft and yellow, and the stock camera pictures kept coming out with the blue hue. The white balance on the blue picture is auto while the white balance on the Picsart picture is the one that says manual.

I tried the effect later in the day and I got the blue effect mentioned here also. I guess I'm going to have to go back to this restaurant tomorrow morning now haha.

T-Mobile G3