anti virus

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Ive got McAfee pre installed on my g3 but want to install another one. Cm security. Will they conflict as I can't seem to disable or un install McAfee?

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ive got McAfee pre installed on my g3 but want to install another one. Cm security. Will they conflict as I can't seem to disable or un install McAfee?

As far as I know, they shouldn't conflict with each other. To clarify, you tried disabling the McAfee by going to Settings>apps?

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Why do you even need AV software on your phone?

If you use Play Store apps are scanned by Google as is your phone periodically for malware.

Posted via Android Central App

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes I've managed to disable it now. And I do install apps and other stuff outside play store so that's why I use it

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes I've managed to disable it now. And I do install apps and other stuff outside play store so that's why I use it

How do you disable it? I went into the app, and there was an option to "uninstall updates", but after I did that, the disable button is greyed out

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

How did you manage to disable it? When I go into the app itself the option to disable it is greyed out for some reason. It doesn't actually seem to be running, but I'd still like to get rid of it.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Anti virus on android. Not worth it.

I don't see how it isn't worth it when you are installing apps outside of google play. Anti Virus apps like Avast! also come with other useful features as well like SMS and call filters, anti theft options, back ups etc. More then worth it in my opinion.

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings, general, apps and go to McAfee. Then click manage space and it will ask for a pass code, which would of been set up by you on registration. It unlinks your device from McAfee.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings, general, apps and go to McAfee. Then click manage space and it will ask for a pass code, which would of been set up by you on registration. It unlinks your device from McAfee.

Doesn't work for me, when I click on manage space, nothing happens.

I've never registered anything though, I've never even click on the McAfree app. It's also not listed on the play store for me or anything, and doesn't appear to be running.

albie999

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Same here, the screen just flashes but nothing else. I also skipped the McAfee on phone installation, although in app update it's always showing to download family protection ... but I never have

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
If you have never used it, which I obviously did, then it won't be active. It can't be uninstalled as its a built in app

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Seems rooting is the only way to remove the app. Unfortunately I am not willing to root at this time as this is my second G3 (the proximity sensor and light sensor both stopped functioning on my first go), so I'm not really willing to mess with anything that could interfere with the warranty for a while.

Seems to be a non issue for me though since the app doesn't actually seem to be doing anything

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Even in google play store there are apps that get passed anti virus checks. Not having anti virus on your phone is like never using a condom.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
That's like not having anti virus on your pc or not wearing a condom. You have to know that smart phones are the new target with hackers. To anyone else reading this thread DO NOT listen to anyone like this guy or anyone else who says anti virus is not worth having on your phones.

Mojofilter9

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
The irritating thing is that it stops Android Device Manager from working properly, it won't locate the phone.

I don't mind leaving it installed (although it doesn't look like I have a choice anyway), but is there a work around for this?
I can force stop it and it works temporarily but that's as far as I've gotten.

Annoying.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995