Rooted- how to remove apps?

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Want to remove at&t apps, Facebook, Twitter,etc,but still do not have option to delete under settings>apps. Also-how to uninstall carrier iq?

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Have been doing some reading on xda. Got Carrier IQ stuff unchecked using in Android using Android Tuner. Now looking for the LADDM.apk file, but cannot find it. Root Explorer search produces no results. Any suggestions?

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
ES File Explorer of Root Explorer.
They will allow you to remove apps. They have an option to make the system R/W.
Be careful, with great power comes great responsibility and the ability to make things go sideways, real fast.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
ES File Explorer of Root Explorer.
They will allow you to remove apps. They have an option to make the system R/W.
Be careful, with great power comes great responsibility and the ability to make things go sideways, real fast.

I understand that, but thank you for the warning. Better safe...I have no interest in monkeying about trying to "improve" android. I just want to get the AT&T garbage off and get as far away from Carrier IQ as I can. After that, I'll be fine unrooting. At least LG put a File Manager onboard the G3 whioch has access to the microSD card. HTC did not do this on the M8 and it's a big oversight.

So I got SuperUser, then Root Explorer and Android Tuner. Unchecked the service parameters in Android using Android Tuner. Attempting to remove the two lib files in system/lib, but so far Root Explorer is not letting it happen. It has SuperUser access. It says "File deleted successfully!". But it doesn't' actually delete anything. Same thing for deleting the LADDM apk from system\apk.

Tried dl RootBrowser and use that to delete the two lib files, but somehow I cannot get it SuperUser access so I cannot get into system folder.
Stumped.
This Carrier IQ! is nasty, nasty stuff. I should post the (many) screenshots of all the permissions it is granted. Essentially it can get, and do, ANYTHING from your phone and send it to AT&T.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Verizon does install CIQ
The apk for Verizon is LVDDM.. The second letter is V for Verizon instead of A for ATT.

ANY ideas on how I can solve this issue I'm having?

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Verizon does install CIQ
The apk for Verizon is LVDDM.. The second letter is V for Verizon instead of A for ATT.

ANY ideas on how I can solve this issue I'm having?

Are you sure VZW installs it? There are plenty of articles on the web where they deny using it.

I used VooDoo Carrier IQ detector and the one from Lookout Labs; both gave me a clean bill of health on my LG G3. I also used ES File Explorer (root) to manually look for LVDDM, and any file with IQ in it, and found nothing in the places listed to look/remove for T-Mobile devices.

I’m comfortable that it’s not installed on my device at this point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670