google calendar default

mr_fro2000

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, my wife has an LG G3 and we've always used Google Calendar synched up to see each others events. I just noticed that she has a ton of things in her calendar that I did not see...

So I found out that the events are being created as 'phone' and not defaulting to her google account. For each entry created, it defaults to 'phone'. For each entry, I could have her change the account from 'Phone' to her google account, but as a 'normal non-tech' person i know she will practically never do this.

I can I change Google Calendar or the defaults so 'Phone' isnt there and it defaults to her google account? This is pretty annoying and one of the few things she regrets about moving away from iphone. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wish I had a phone that had that option so I could check for you, but my Nexus 5 doesn't have a Phone account (which is fine by me, because I don't think anyone should use the Phone account for anything). Try opening Calendar, tap Menu, then Settings, then the Google account. Look for the option for Calendars to Display/Sync, and see if you can uncheck Phone. If the Phone calendar is unchecked, maybe it won't let you enter an event into it by default.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze