What lock do you use on your LG G3?

Which screen lock (if any) do you use to unlock your device?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I have not installed it yet on my G3 but I used it on my LG NITRO and plan on using it on my G3 soon.
It is called "NUMBER TRACK LOCK"

It randomizes the pattern so prevent smudge hackers.
Also as a bonus it is all black and has no annoying emergency button.

Killa_roo

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have not installed it yet on my G3 but I used it on my LG NITRO and plan on using it on my G3 soon.
It is called "NUMBER TRACK LOCK"

It randomizes the pattern so prevent smudge hackers.
Also as a bonus it is all black and has no annoying emergency button.

Just had a google, fantastic idea!

Can't see anyone hacking my knock code anytime soon though :)

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I do not lock my phone. It never leaves my possession. The only way to lose my phone is if I get robbed or I kick the bucket. Even then I have no bank or credit card accounts or other sensitive info on it. So for me a quick double tap opens and closes my G3. I do not see the need for anything more.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I do not lock my phone. It never leaves my possession. The only way to lose my phone is if I get robbed or I kick the bucket. Even then I have no bank or credit card accounts or other sensitive info on it. So for me a quick double tap opens and closes my G3. I do not see the need for anything more.
I do the same thing. Have never had my phone lost or stolen. I certainly understand why some people do lock their phones though. I would be pretty uneasy if my phone was lost or stolen. A lot of pictures and personal information on my phone..

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Swipe, because I don't have time to unlock my phone, and I like a lock-screen with widgets set up the way I want.

I don't need to secure the phone because anything that involves money is password protected in the phone. Then again, I always keep my phone on my person.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Swipe because I always have my phone on me. Now if I'm at a party drinking then I will do a pattern or number lock. I don't want anyone getting in my phone when I'm drunk lol or in case I loose it. 😊

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like a big pain in the ***, lol.

It really isn't you set a number pattern and the number dots are randomized each time.
So the pattern in which you unlock the phone is different every time but the number you choose is the same.
This prevents smudge hackers from guessing your password by looking at the screen for your prints.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It really isn't you set a number pattern and the number dots are randomized each time.
So the pattern in which you unlock the phone is different every time but the number you choose is the same.
This prevents smudge hackers from guessing your password by looking at the screen for your prints.

Yeah, I understand the genius behind it, I would just hate it because I would always have to look up where the numbers I want are, hehe.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I use a PIN. It's surprising how many non-members post in AAQ claiming to have forgotten their PINs AND their Google account passwords, asking us how to get into their (?) devices. You'd think if they're genuine it would have occurred to them to WRITE THEM DOWN ON A BIT OF PAPER AND HIDE IT SOMEWHERE SAFE or something.

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I use a Pin lock as a reasonable compromise between security and convenience. BUT, I also use the app Skip Lock. When I'm connected to my WiFi router at home and at work, and to BT in my car, it disables the pin lock for convenience, but I'm still protected in more public situations.

I suspect almost everyone who's lost or had their phone stolen said "my phone never leaves my person." But the number of people I see who set their phone down on the table at a restaurant, or on a bar, etc., makes me seriously doubt that claim. I know a couple of people who left their phones in cabs, and airlines find lots of phone left on board after flights.

My son had his phone fall out of his pocket while on vacation in North Carolina. Fortunately, he got it back. But there are many, many ways a phone can disappear in spite of one's best plans. Mistakes happen. Assuming it's protected because you'll never let it out of your site is definitely a gamble.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You get used to it. Not everyone remembers to wipe their screen.

Any way I was looking for a simple way to not have the emergency button on the lock screen.
Found this app and the random key pattern is a bonus. Not to mention it goes with my all black theme.

I use that feature in another app called AppLock which is by far the best locker out there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar