Should not have rooted this device

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
So I rooted my G3 and it caused serious lag and now I cannot unroot it. I have watched several video and been to several suggested websites but they are hard to follow and the downloads don't appear to be the same as they are downloading or I am not smart enough to follow along. Anyway to those who are contemplating rooting, Make sure it is really what you want to do. I have not gained a single thing from rooting and it has messed my phone up.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Rooting, by itself, won't cause any lag. All rooting does is give you access to certain areas of the phone's storage that you normally can't access, and allow (not force) apps to execute certain functions they might not otherwise have permission to perform. But it doesn't change the way the phone works at all unless you choose to change something.

What did you do with your phone AFTER you rooted it? What apps did you load? Are you using Xposed framework, and if so with what extensions? Did you perform any mods that people talk about over on XDA?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have no clue how /what you are doing to slow down your device after root. I've seen numerous amounts of these threads. Why don't you look into what your device is running to make everything so slow. Root itself should not cause your system to run slower. All I have is root and a few mods activated on my g3 and I have not seen a single issue.

53N7 9R0M M4 G3

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Meyerweb has been quite articulate in his post. I will repeat what was said in that root alone won't do one single thing to cause lag (this is fact) all it does is allow system access.

So you would have had to of done something with xposed framework & modules in order to introduce possible lag issues. For example one can get carried away and install something that is not compatible (but won't quite throw you into a bootloop) but can slow or hinder performance.

Check over everything that you did to identify.

But I retort rooting alone will not get you into trouble, its what one might do after that might.

I myself have been thrown into a bootloop twice and I'm very quick to say that was down to me being daft and getting carried away. Thankfully I know enough to fix.

But I am once again rooted (can't be without it) and all is sweet & dandy.

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I installed xposed and tweaksbox but made no changes. When hitting the home button, the phone has a one second delay where the home buttons will turn white and then finally it will go to the home screen. I made not tweaks or changes. I rooted and installed those two things, that is it. I was told to check some setting that can cause delay, making the home button wait for a second push but that was not it either. I have uninstalled tweaks and xposed and that helped somewhat but there is still a delay on the home button. I probably should not have messed with things I do not understand.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I assume you've rebooted since uninstalling those programs, but if not do that and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, you might want to do a factory reset. It won't unroot your phone, but it will reset to factory any settings that might have been updated by installing those apps.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Get used to it man, its not root or anything you downloaded, its just the phone.
Seems like this phone lags out of the box for many people.
You can always use LG mobile support tool to flash back to stock, it also does not install CIQ.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2