Reception?

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
How's the reception on the G3 versus the M8? I had the G2 and just moved to the M8 (Verizon) and I'm finding the M8 isn't quite as good. My home is in a poor area for reception so I'm probably going to return this M8 for something a bit better.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about the M8 but I Ann having the same signal quality as my moto x which is pretty good.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Are we talking about Phone reception or radio signal in general? If the former... when I called a friend the other day, I was stunned at the voice clarity, and just as I was about to comment on it, she commented on the same thing. Both indoors at the time.

Posted via Android Central App

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm talking radio signal. This M8 loses all signal in the house sometimes. I've missed some calls because of this. My G2 didn't have great signal, but it didn't lose it completely.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Two or three months ago just before I got my own G3 a few UK members (I'm in UK) reported poorer signal than they'd had with previous phones. I hesitated a bit but then bought and my own tests after buying showed consistently lower signal strength as indicated by the device's dBm/asu measurements compared to those of my Nexus 5, but not enough to matter in my case because I live in an area of good signal. How many users are affected I don't know because we tend to hear only from those with problems, but I think it's generally accepted that the G3's radio is not as good as in some other devices.
I'm afraid I have no knowledge of how it compares to the M8.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Two or three months ago just before I got my own G3 a few UK members (I'm in UK) reported poorer signal than they'd had with previous phones. I hesitated a bit but then bought and my own tests after buying showed consistently lower signal strength as indicated by the device's dBm/asu measurements compared to those of my Nexus 5, but not enough to matter in my case because I live in an area of good signal. How many users are affected I don't know because we tend to hear only from those with problems, but I think it's generally accepted that the G3's radio is not as good as in some other devices.
I'm afraid I have no knowledge of how it compares to the M8.

Thanks for the input. I'll keep that in mind when I return this phone.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Please bear in mind that it may have been a batch thing, also that the indicated measurements might not have accurately represented the true signal strength, also that any problems may have been addressed by LG at the production stage or in updates. I don't want to discredit their product here.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Please bear in mind that it may have been a batch thing, also that the indicated measurements might not have accurately represented the true signal strength, also that any problems may have been addressed by LG at the production stage or in updates. I don't want to discredit their product here.

I can always try it and see how it does.