G3 D855 got an undate (17 Sep 2014) what's new and what's an improvement?

Punyawee Werasopon

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Dear folks who use G3 D855 version. Do you guys got an software update? I've just got a 200+ MB update today. I haven't installed yet. Anyone already tried? what's new and what's an improvement?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
What version is it? I'm on my third update so far, currently on v10h. As I've said elsewhere I haven't noticed differences after these updates but might be able to if it were possible to compare my G3 as it was out of the box to what it is now.

Posted via Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm also on version 10h and bar the camera shortcut I haven't noticed anything. Mind you I'm rooted and have since tweaked a few things. I only had a tiny app drawer stutter out of the box (was lucky I guess). I have to be honest and I have an auxiliary issue that is causing some annoyance (not enough for me to say the G3 sucks lol).

Posted via the Android Central App

j-dogg_69

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Strange, I'm a UK user and haven't had an update? (have just double checked, too). I'm on Vodafone, are you on a different carrier and it's possibly carrier related?

Coincidentally, my phone has been playing up over the past 48 hours. Un-mounting my SD Card, not connecting to my computer, tracks jumping in the music player...very odd

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I wonder then if Vodafone have delayed the update. The last update I had was last month and it was only ~25mb.

Did you get your phone on a contract, though? That might make the difference. (I think that like me Duncan bought unlocked sim-free but he'll correct me if I'm wrong.)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Did you get your phone on a contract, though? That might make the difference. (I think that like me Duncan bought unlocked sim-free but he'll correct me if I'm wrong.)

Yesss Belodion I purchased unlocked and sim free...have you been at your NSA **** again? Lol :p

joesf

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
No update here (UK). Vodafone contract from Carphone Warehouse, although the phone isn't sim locked as I've tried my old Giffgaff and EE sim in it.

Had the phone for nearly 2 months now with 2 or 3 updates, last one was 3-4(?) weeks ago I'm on version V10h.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yesss Belodion I purchased unlocked and sim free...have you been at your NSA **** again? Lol :p

Have no fear....if I'd been asked to judge your whereabouts as an NSA agent, I'd have said the low-light photo you posted in another thread puts you in suburban SE England, Surrey probably....about as far from where you actually are as is possible, short of ending up in the sea.

(That photo is almost uncanny. The square one with the straight road.)

Last edited:

Punyawee Werasopon

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I use g3 d855 with the carrier in thailand (AIS). Updated size in about 215 mb. Under Dalvik runtime it's smoother in app drawer and some users in thailand (who already tried) claim that the battery life is longer. I will try myself and share to you here again.

kennyboy1

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
same here in uk on o2, no update, is it possible to reset it as it came out of the box. i did have back up but formatted pc and forgot to save it thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I use g3 d855 with the carrier in thailand (AIS). Updated size in about 215 mb. Under Dalvik runtime it's smoother in app drawer and some users in thailand (who already tried) claim that the battery life is longer. I will try myself and share to you here again.

Sorry Punyawee we assumed you were D855 EUR....you must be D855 SEA. I thought you were always the first to get updates in that region....rightly so if true, since it's where the phone was made, after all.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
same here in uk on o2, no update, is it possible to reset it as it came out of the box. i did have back up but formatted pc and forgot to save it thanks.

Are you saying you simply want to Factory Reset, or ditto AND remove O2 stuff?

kennyboy1

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Are you saying you simply want to Factory Reset, or ditto AND remove O2 stuff?

factory reset will that put it how it was, and how can i install games to the sd card external not internal, i keep reading about rooting the phone but cannot find a guide thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes a Factory Reset wipes all your personal data and restores the device to how it was when it came out of the box, although it will not remove any system updates nor anything installed by the network or carrier. Anything not backed up first will be lost....even unto the end of time, for all I know.
On the other matters I'm not certain but others here will be.

Last edited:

kennyboy1

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
thanks mate only just got round to reading post, i have read that rooting it to save things to sdcard, but advised not to so i still don't know how to install game to external sdcard. i have been looking at titanium,not used it yet because i don't know if it will put a load of stuff on my phone or install to sdcard any help please.