LG G3: Why is the Brightness slider missing?

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Where do u go to have the brightness slider bar in the pull down notification screen? Can't find it anywhere and the way I adjust brightness is hitting on the toggle.

Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Brightness slider

You must be on AT&T as I am. We don't have that brightness or volume slider as others do in the notification pull down screen. We're stuck with toggling.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You must be on AT&T as I am. We don't have that brightness or volume slider as others do in the notification pull down screen. We're stuck with toggling.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

Sprint either... I don't think US versions have it

I'm rooted and I adjust the brightness by sliding my finger across the notification bar. Pretty sweet if I do say.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

Seriously? Is it LG because this is the worst I've seen mangled by carriers.

Disabling the Qi Wireless my goodness if Bell removed that too I don't think I can keep the G3.

Again, why?

tapatalk LG pro D852

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

T-mobile has it in the notification bar as well. You also have the option of removing both the volume and brightness sliders if you want. It's actually pretty nice

Attachments

• 15066.jpg
    15066.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 136

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Here's what the option looks like to add or remove the sliders. It's in with the settings to edit what shortcuts you want

Attachments

• 15068.jpg
    15068.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 134

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

Well that sucks but I'm glad I'm not alone. Thanks for suffering with me.

Posted via the Android Central App

perrochingon

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

My T-Mobile G3 has it as well. Try scrolling through the toggle menu in the drop down to the far right and tap the "Edit" button. Mine came with both the brightness and volume toggles on by default but I removed the volume toggle since it was taking up too much real estate on the notifications tray
45767422bc595e1cdf029548a1999c6c.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Sprint / AT&T - They have removed it from the notification panel.

T-Mobile / Verizon - They have it in the notification panel.

Joshua Silvestri

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Where do u go to have the brightness slider bar in the pull down notification screen? Can't find it anywhere and the way I adjust brightness is hitting on the toggle.

Thanks in advance

I found that you can get the volume slider to appear on your dropdown for LG G3 if you long-press on a music app that appears on your dropdown. I'm trying to figure out how to do that for the brightness slider. Hope this helps you.

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I am on sprint with LG g3 and running Android 5.0.1 and I have the brightness slider in the pull down notification area.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Like ffejjj mentioned I slide along the notifications bar. Root is a beautiful thing.

That being said it is an option for me 4.4.4 VZW via the edit button as mentioned.

I remember the volume and brightness sliders being a major complaint in early reviews so maybe they disabled them by default?

Posted via the Android Central App

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Man that really stinks
It did. I got it now on my G4 though. But AT&T held true to form and we don't have that quick peek at time, etc. by sliding down the screen from top center while the display is off. AT&T always finds a way. Smh

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk